Monday, March 31, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a Micro Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute Project" was created for the Caardvarks "Purple Snurple" micro-challenge.

Purple is not one of my favorite colors to work with; in fact, I rarely use it ... except as an accent ... but I just love softer shades of purple, such as this lavender.

I stamped my butterfly image with lavender pigment ink, then clear embossed. I covered a vintage slide mount with my DP to create a little frame for my flutterby, then mounted the whole shebang on a scalloped edge square with dimensionals.

TIP: To quickly cover a slide mount, glue your patterned paper on top, let dry for a minute or two, then, using a craft knife, cut an "X" from corner to corner. Fold back the paper, trim, and adhere; easy-peasy!

I added some ribbon and some eyelets and, finis!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


PS: Hey, I just realized that this card qualifies for the "Bringing it Back" slide mount challenge! Be sure to check out the "Bringing it Back" blog ... you'll discover so many neat ideas for using some of that stuph we're all hoarding.

12 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Pretty pretty ... I love the tiny ribbon around the slide mount.

Jolene said...

Love that slide mount! Lovely work.

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! I love that stamp:)
Laura

Allison said...

This is awesome...love the DP, the slide, the image...everything!

savy said...

This is just stunning!
When making the slide mounts, do you need to round the corners of the paper first? Thank you for the tip!

Deb Neerman said...

Quick answer to Savy's question:

There's always more than one way to skin a cat (now THAT sounds gross), but I do this:

When the glue is dry, I use scissors to trim away the paper around the corners. Then I use a sanding block to get everything nice and close. You could also use an emery board ... or if you're lucky enough to own one, files from the Basic Grey Precision Tool Kit.

Hope this helps and thanks for askin'!

~Hugs, Deb

Flossie's Follies said...

This is such a pretty and elegant card, love the paper and your wonderful slide mount.

Julie Koerber said...

Bea-U-tious card! Love that color combo! I just gave you an award which you already received but I don't care! You deserve double honors. Just check out my blog for the deets!

Annapurna said...

Love the colors! You are getting hit by the same award over and over. Wonder why (Pinky on the cheek)!!!!
xx

malieta said...

Hey Deb!
I love your card! The colors are fantastic and I love butterfly and the way you utilize your slide mounts.
malieta:)
p.s. I have nominated you for the You Cheer Me Up Award:)

Joan and Amy said...

Very, very nice. I like the little frame and all the eyelets. Joan

My Paper World said...

Wow! so pretty Deb!
I LOVE, LOVE ALL of your creations!
Nicola xx