Saturday, March 22, 2008

April Showers Bring Punched Tulips ... and Two Blog Challenge Entries

Pin It


Today's 5" x 7" card project was created for Sharon's "Round Corners" blog challenge ... and also for the "Bringing It Back" speciality punch challenge. If you'd like, you can click on the image for a better look.

I used my old EK Success tulip punch ... punching out dozens of little multicolored tulips to embellish this card. And yes, some of the tulips have been pieced.

The umbrella stamp is an old two-piece stamp set from Stampourri. I stamped the image on Prism card stock then paper pieced the stamped umbrella using DCWV "Pocket Full of Posies" DP.

Something a little different and it was neat to ink up this old stamp and have some fun with it!

I wanted to thank all of you for your get-well wishes and sweet notes; I'm starting to feel like my old self again. And it's a good thing too, 'cuz now allergy season has started!

I'm horribly allergic to melaleucas and of course they're blooming like mad now ... something they do about five times a year down here.





Isn't this ^ a pretty tree? Such delicate foliage and lovely yellow flowers; and they have the kewlest bark, too! Too bad that nearly everyone is allergic to 'em ...

Enjoy your weekend and thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,

11 comments:

Anna Jones said...

What a cool Idea!
Glad you are feeling better. I hear you sister (about the allergies). I have them too and that makes me not able to enjoy the one nice season in the whole year. I took some shots, but it got so boring going to the allergists office every week, I stopped it.

Allison said...

Oh my Deb...love this idea! Now I need an umbrella!

Ana Baird said...

Funky and gorgeous card! Love the colours you've used!

Chris said...

I love this Deb...such a cool idea and a fab card!! So colourful and love that umbrella. Glad you are feeling a little better too hun :D
Have to say a huge thanks too for your tip of the day cos when I read it tonight I just couldn't stop laughing it just touched my funny bone...ROFL

Joan and Amy said...

This umbrella is fantastic. I love it. I hope you feel better soon. Joan

Jeannie Phillips said...

love the raining flowers...that is so pretty... great job
Jeannie

liannallama said...

super card! It is just so cute!

chelemom said...

Awesome idea! Such a great use of those punches!

Aimeslee said...

Love your card, Deb. I participated too and saw yours there.

Trish D said...

This is absolutely adorable! Now you've got me wanting an umbrella stamp, too! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

That is, without a doubt, the most coolest umbrella I have ever seen on a card - just love it's 3-D effect!!! Totally wonderful project!!! I'm so glad you could play -- thanks much!!!!