Monday, January 11, 2010

B Mine ... and No One Gets Hurt

Pin It


Happy Monday, Stampers. Hope your weekend was fantabulous!

Today's 15 Minute card project was created for SCS's Clean and Simple Challenge, "Valentines," CAS48. Never saw that comin' didcha?!? For all the Valentine-type deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS48 card gallery, clicky HERE.

I also participated in Stamping 411's Color Challenge #105 for my color combination. This week's color challenge was to create a kid's card ... or one that kids could easily create ... using this fab color combination. I really love this particular color scheme ... so bright and happy ... perfect for a cold, gray winter's day ... or a cold, gray kid! For the 411 on the Color Challenge, clicky HERE.

I stamped the "B," die-cut it, then double mounted the image on card stock. I stamped "Mine," then added three lengths of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, and finis! Easy-peasy ... and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the electrifying product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, this year Sheila's DH decided that he needed to eat healthier ... and have breakfast every morning no-matter-what.

Since this was Ken's first weekend home since the New Year, the DH and I couldn't wait to see how his new diet was going. We got our chance this weekend:

"How's the breakfast thing going?" I asked Ken.

"Well, I'm doing oatmeal and I hope I develop a taste for the stuff. It sure goes down rough!"

"Really?" Sheila asked, "how long are you cooking it?"

"Oh, are you supposed to cook it?" he asked.

Just between you and me, I happen to think this was a really cagey move on Ken's part to get Sheila to get up with him and cook him his breakfast every morning. If so, it's working!

Thanks so much for swingin' by to visit today!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: All Stamps from "Just B" Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Dye Ink
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Perfect Layers Tool (Retired) by Stampin' Up; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

9 comments:

Crystal said...

This is GREAT DEB!!! I love the big B what a cool idea...and these colors are sooooo fun!!!! No one gets hurt..lol that card would be perfect for the hubby!!! Hugs!

Allison said...

This is different for you...could play well for a boy! Great job nutso!

Elena said...

Love the colors of this card! And what a fun way to attach ribbons!

Sharli said...

Love the non-traditional colors for your card! Very good!

Can you imagine eating raw oatmeal? Yuck.

Chris said...

cute card and oh so easy...

Erica said...

Hi Deb,

What a thoughtful way to make a Valentine, sans heart and all the frilly stuff that many of us resort to. Loved the Sheila joke...as usual.
You asked about the Scripture stamp in my recent card. Alas, not much info on the stamp itself. The info is barely visible and just says "Biblical Impressions." There is a phone # on it, but it's hard to decipher. The stamp is from Hobby Lobby...my local has a nice selection of scripture stamps. I think I bought it just a little more than a year ago. I hope that helps. I will check to see if they still carry it. I practically live in that store so it's no problem, (just in case you were wondering :)
Hugs...

redwasher1 said...

Deb, what a wonderful card! I love it! Glad to see you back I have missed you great card and wonderful stories!

Joan said...

Wonderfully clean and simple card...these colours are always so awesome together.

knitwit said...

Funny story! When my sister was born, my dad lugged my 15 month-old self in to see her at the hospital. When my mom asked how it was going, he complained that I wouldn't eat his canned tomato soup. My mom asked him how much water he'd added, and he said (you guessed it) "You add water?!"
LOVE the card, as always!