Friday, March 26, 2010

Simply Easter ...

Pin It


TGIF, Crafty Stampers!

Today's card project was created for this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week, our challenge is to create Easter-themed projects. These could be projects that are specific to the Christian celebration of Easter itself ... or, more generically, to spring and the new birth of flowers, grasses, and fresh new life.

This challenge is not limited to cards -- anything goes -- so have fun!

To play along, and we certainly hope that you will, clicky HERE to go to Sharon's blog for all the challenging deets ... and for a look at her fabulous Easter project!

After you've posted your Easter project, be sure to leave a link on Sharon's Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use keyword: "ssnotime132."

I decided to create a simple Easter card:

To offset my very simple focal point, I used lots of layers in my card ... five of 'em ... and added some beautiful satin ribbon for some shine.

My crocus image is a FREE! digital file from The Paper Garden, printed out on HP Laser Photo Paper and colored with Copic markers. I stamped my sentiment, matted it, and adhered it to my focal frame. Easy-peasy-Easter-pleasey!

Be sure to check out the beautiful projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,

Marlene Bender: Heart-Spring, March Guest Designer.

For the ginormous view of my card, you can clicky on the photo ... and for all of the egg-citing product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, if you follow my blog ... you don't?!? ... you know that Sheila teaches Sunday school at our Church. Periodically, the Diocese sends out literature ... in the form of brochures ... to all of the religion teachers.

Yesterday, while hangin' out at Sheila's, I noticed the current brochure on her counter. I picked it up and read:

"Coming up—Theological Open House. We discuss thought-provoking topics. Your opinions are hardly welcome."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope your weekend is long and fabulous!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Textured Card Stock: Bazzill
  • Lavender Mat: Digital File by The DigiChick
  • Crocus Image: The Paper Garden
  • Sentiment: CTMH
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Sale-a-bration Ends in Just Five Days! Don't Miss Out! Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

56 comments:

Brenda said...

Very pretty!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

WOW! I can not believe you fit that many challenges into pne card. I would be lost after 2 of them. Great card and thanks for including us in the list!!

Laura said...

Great colours and make. Very topical and seasonal. Thanks for playing at Gingersnaps

Elaine said...

Fab colours and such a delightful easter image :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi :)

Elaine x

Jennifer Buck said...

This is so pretty! Love the bright colors! TFS! :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

very traditional Easter card, love it. Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

Hugs Ali x

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Deb!!!! This is a wonderful Easter card!!!

I'm coloring flowers today too, while my tootsie toes are freezing! I don't think we'll see our crocus poking their little heads out for a while yet!...if their wise! lol

Have a super fabulous weekend my friend!
Hugs & Blessings, Maria

Barbara said...

So pretty, Deb! Love that pop of yellow in the ribbon!

Joan said...

The challenge was "Stamp Simply"....and your card is simply beautiful. The flowers are gorgeous and I love that big yellow ribbon!!!!

{Jane} said...

Beautiful colours

Thanks for joining us on SCSC & I LOVE DIGI :)

Hugs Jane x

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty, Deb! LOVE the pop of color from the ribbon!

the crafty duck said...

Beautiful card, those flowers are so pretty, perfect colours for our challenge, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

freckleface said...

Beautiful card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

Danni said...

How beautiful!!

my5bratz said...

beautiful, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Julie said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

LuLu said...

Georgeous - great favourite technique to have too. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" challenges.

Lou
x

Kat said...

This is lovely. Very elegant. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!! I love this clean design!!! Fab colors and presentation!!!

Thank you for adding the OCC to your list!!! Hugs ~S~

Davi said...

HI Deb, Love those crocus and of course your wonderful coloring!! I really like the colors you used for the layers and the bow!!. Yup I love those peppery nasturtiams in salad also!! Have a great weekend!! :)

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is a simply lovely card. You colored the image perfectly.

Thanks for playing the Paper Garden Projects challenge.

Chris said...

very pretty! love all the layers and the shiny bow is fabulous!!

stamprgrl said...

seriously you ladies are killing me w/ the veggies... LOL!!!!

Thanks for keeping an eye on us @ Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

BTW. I thought celebration was already gone... I want that punch from celebration... LOL!!!

Sharli said...

LOVE the flower - your card is very elegant and very Easter. Nice.

Your Sheila story cracked me up (as usual)! I used to worry about laughing at the computer, but now I'm just happy for it!

Hugs!

Eiglas said...

Lovely, simple Easter card!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
hugs Mandy xx

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great card!! Wonderful coloring and design! Enjoy Your Weekend: )

knitwit said...

I find my opinions are hardly welcome at church too! Hilarious!
Beautiful card!

Corie said...

Oh WOW this is beautiful!!

Tina said...

Deb, this is amazing!

Paul said...

So elegant. Thanks for joining us at the I LOVE DIGI CHALLENGE, hope to see more in the future.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Erica said...

Oh, I love this especially the colors. I have something to show as soon as get my butt up from here and take my pics. Lovely weather here, so no excuses.

Allison said...

So elegant Deb...beautiful!

redwasher1 said...

You colored that image perfectly!! A beautiful card!!

Lynn said...

What a lovely card and love the flower image and especially the copic colouring(I love copic markers) Thank you for sharing:)Lynn

Poppy said...

another lovely easter card.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

Trimgym said...

Hi Deb, another great card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge again this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Heather "Hev" said...

such a lovely card Deb :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Soft, fresh and pretty Deb! Love it!

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
Your card is very pretty! I love your beautiful flower and the layers add dimension. Job well done!
hugs
Risa:)

Beverley said...

Deb...beautiful as usual...stop by my blog...I have something for you to pick up.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Liz said...

Thank you for playing with MCFC with this beautiful projct
Hope you join in next time Good luck in the draw
Liz x

Rosanne said...

Very pretty!

Janine said...

Beautiful Deb!!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a lovely card! You've colored the beautiful image so well!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Elena said...

Very beautiful card! I really like how you colored the flower! And ribbon looks so amazing here! :)

Helen Dooley said...

great card. thanks for playing along with us at PCC this week.

Milliesmarvels said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the I love Digi Challenge.
Jane
x

Jenny Gropp said...

Coloring on those flowers is top notch -- love it!!!

Carol Ann said...

Love your card very classy. Thanks for playing at Magical Crafts.
Carol Ann xx

Donna said...

Lovely elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Magda said...

Beautiful card. Lovely colours and image.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge.
Magda :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just beautiful and SO traditionally EASTER -- what a lovely card for Easter or anytime!!!

April Rose said...

Beautiful Easter card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Krista said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is sooo beautiful! thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!