TGIF, Crafty Stampers!
Today's card project was created for this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week, our challenge is to create Easter-themed projects. These could be projects that are specific to the Christian celebration of Easter itself ... or, more generically, to spring and the new birth of flowers, grasses, and fresh new life.
This challenge is not limited to cards -- anything goes -- so have fun!
To play along, and we certainly hope that you will, clicky HERE to go to Sharon's blog for all the challenging deets ... and for a look at her fabulous Easter project!
After you've posted your Easter project, be sure to leave a link on Sharon's Mr. Linky, located HERE. If you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use keyword: "ssnotime132."
I decided to create a simple Easter card:
To offset my very simple focal point, I used lots of layers in my card ... five of 'em ... and added some beautiful satin ribbon for some shine.
My crocus image is a FREE! digital file from The Paper Garden, printed out on HP Laser Photo Paper and colored with Copic markers. I stamped my sentiment, matted it, and adhered it to my focal frame. Easy-peasy-Easter-pleasey!
Be sure to check out the beautiful projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and,
Marlene Bender: Heart-Spring, March Guest Designer.
For the ginormous view of my card, you can clicky on the photo ... and for all of the egg-citing product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooooo, if you follow my blog ... you don't?!? ... you know that Sheila teaches Sunday school at our Church. Periodically, the Diocese sends out literature ... in the form of brochures ... to all of the religion teachers.
Yesterday, while hangin' out at Sheila's, I noticed the current brochure on her counter. I picked it up and read:
"Coming up—Theological Open House. We discuss thought-provoking topics. Your opinions are hardly welcome."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope your weekend is long and fabulous!
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Easter
- Charisma Cardz: Spring Has Sprung
- Cute Card Thursday: Dimension (5 Layers)
- Dare U 2 Digi Stamp: Easter / Digital Image
- Fab 'n' Funky: Technique (Coloring With Copics)
- Fussy and Fancy Friday: Easter
- Gingersnap Creations: Growth (Crocus' Bloom Early in Spring)
- I Love Digi: Easter
- Incy Wincy Designs: Easter / Spring
- Loonie Stampers: Use a Die Cut
- Magical Crafts: Easter / Spring
- Our Creative Corner: Think Easter
- Paper Cutz: Easter (No Bunnies or Chicks)
- Paper Garden: Spring / Easter Colors
- Paper Play: Easter
- Secret Crafter: Spring Has Sprung
- SophistiCat: Color Recipe / Flower
- Totally Gorjuss: Ribbon
- Card Stock: Stampin' Up
- Textured Card Stock: Bazzill
- Lavender Mat: Digital File by The DigiChick
- Crocus Image: The Paper Garden
- Sentiment: CTMH
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Accessories: Satin Ribbon
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"