Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When Good Cards Go Bad ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created for a color challenge that ended at least a week ago. Or more. The card got buried on my desk and resurfaced just in time ... to be very late. That's bad.

Here's a look at my juvenile delinquent card:

I covered my card base with DP from October Afternoon, and added some scallop-border-punched SU card stock that had been run through the 'Bug in the Swiss Dots A2 embossing folder. Some handmade vintage lace peeks out from under the focal image.

I stamped my vintage collage-type image with Chocolate Chip dye ink and double matted it, added a l'il heart stamped image, and parked a cute red bird on the vintage lady's wing.

I added a stamped sentiment, a threaded vintage button, and finis! So easy, even I could do it!

For all of the fascinating product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sheila and Reid-the-Wild-Child were pretty boring well-behaved yesterday so I got nothin' on them, but ...

Yesterday my computer-techno-wizard-geek DH gets a call from an elderly woman who needed service "at once." And off he went ... geez, why didn't I think of sayin' that?!?

When he returned, I asked him what her problem was.

"Oh, she was shopping online and was having trouble using her credit card. She wasn't sure if she had a computer problem or if her credit card was bad. She just needed a little help." the DH answered.

"She needed help shopping?!? No woman needs help shopping!"

"Well, she did. She was trying to use her CD drive to swipe her credit card."

I can die now; I've officially heard everything.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Stampin' hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Riding Hood Red," (Retired), and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: October Afternoon
  • Stamps: Collage Image, Unknown (Unmounted); Sentiment, PTI; Heart from "I {Heart} Hearts" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Real Red" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Handmade Lace; Vintage Button; Bakery Twine; Red Bird Image
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Label Die; Scallop Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

If you have any questions about Stampin' Up products or stamping techniques, feel free to contact me HERE.

24 comments:

Crystal said...

AWW Deb this is fabby girl...better late than never, so glad you found this so I could take a peek!!! AWESOME card GF!!!! Have a great day!

chercroppin said...

This is great Deb! Beautiful papers and your details are perfect : )

FUNNY story!!!

Tina said...

Fabulous card, I love OA papers.

Linda said...

What a lovely card Deb, many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet challenge this week :)

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanx for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Christine Blain said...

Your post is hilarious, Deb! Lovely card (the bird is too cute), too, by the way, LOL.

Sharli said...

Hi there Dr. Deb! Your remedy must be magic - 'cause I'm feeling wonderful today! Thank you for your sweet comments - you're a dear (oops, was I not suppose to let that cat outta the bag?) -

I love this card! It's perfectly executed - the little surprise bird on her shoulder, the touch of lace . . . I need to hang onto this idea!

I hope I don't grow up to be that little old lady swiping my CC in the CD drive. yikes.

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Deb, love your card, love colours and layout, thanks for joining us at Doodle Palace, take careX:) p.s. You have linked to Crazy 4 Challenges, I looked in the Linky List for you. You may wish to link again.

Gingersnap Stampers said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Lace and Fiber Challenge!

Elena said...

Fabulous card, Deb! I like how you double matted the main image! And the way how you attached the sentiment is so cute!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Deb :-) I love the vintage look to this and the red/black combo is lovely :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

p.s the link on the PTW challenge is wrong :-) would you please re link this :-) xx

Chris said...

too flippin funny!! scott wil love this one...he's a puter geek too. btw, love the card, it's the best-est!!

Audrey said...

What a great card! I love it. Thanks for joining us at Doodle Palace.

Erin... said...

oooh fun! love the colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! What a really fun Vintage image and fab details!! I love it!! thanks for playing at Stamp Something with us!! HUGS

Allison said...

Just lovely! I have to make something vintage-y soon so I am just gonna sit on your blog and see which ideas I will steal!

Lesley said...

Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Cat said...

Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining the Doodle Palace Challenge this week!

~*Joni said...

The 3 stamps is a brilliant idea for this card! I love the wonderful blend of the images with that fabulous layout. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Fab card you have created
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut, ein sehr interessantes MotiV!

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei JCBC.

einen lieben Gruß von Andrea aus Germany

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

what a fabulous card, i love the colours youve used and the papers. Great take on this weeks sketch at the JCBC challenge, thank you for joining us this week, hugs Linda x

crafterGM said...

What a great Birthday card. Hope to see you next week Doodle Palace Thanks Gloria M.

Simone P. said...

What a great card for the JCBC challenge! Thanks so much for playing along this week.