Happy Thursday, Crafty Stampers!
Today's card project was created for the current Digi Kitty Challenge. This challenge is a "progressive" challenge: as long as you keep playing, you keep receive free digital stamps. What's not to like about that deal?!?
I created my challenge entry using the cute l'il owl image from their free "Whooooo's the Sweetest" digital stamp set:
I printed the owls out on card stock, colored them with markers and stamped my wood grain background stamp on Kraft card stock.
To create the wood grain effect on the inside of the card, I die-cut a hole in the card front, then pushed the cut-out through to the back of the card and adhered. I popped the owls inside the tree, added some die-cut leaves, a card stock rick-rack "ribbon," and rubber stamped my sentiment. So easy, even I could do it!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the mind-bogglin' product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
So, yesterday Sheila and I met up with her
certifiably insane crazy sister, Jill, for an early dinner at the newest, coolest, see-and-be-seen-ist restaurant in West Palm.
When the waitress
finally deigned appeared to take our orders, Jill pointed to the menu and told her, "I'll have the 24."
"Ummm, Jill," Sheila whispered, "that's the price, not the meal number."
"Oh, okay," she said. "Then give me the 12."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- A Spoon Full of Sugar: 3D
- Aly's Sunday Challenge: Animal Hugs
- Bee Crafty: wHole Lotta Fun / Digital Image
- Crafty Creations: Make Your Own BG Paper
- Digi Kitty: Whooo's the Sweetest?
- Etsy Inspired: "Bee Things" (Long-Eared Owl Screen Print)
- Fab 'n' Funky: No DP
- Gingersnap Creations: Kraft
- Nutshells Challenge: Spring
- Order of the Opus Gluei: Make Something
- Pile It On: Sweet (A Tree Full of Adorable Baby Owls!)
- Something Completely Different: "H" is for Home
- The Diedrich Dare: It's a Spring Thing
- Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss," "Kraft," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up; Turquoise Card Stock, Unknown
- Stamps: Wood Grain Background Stamp by Hero Arts; Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Long Rectangle and Oval Dies; Rick-Rack Die by PTI; "Little Leaves" Die by Stampin' Up; Extra Fine 'White' Sharpie Paint Pen; Paper Fusion PA; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)