Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Card Full of Tree Owls ...

Pin It


Happy Thursday, Crafty Stampers!

Today's card project was created for the current Digi Kitty Challenge. This challenge is a "progressive" challenge: as long as you keep playing, you keep receive free digital stamps. What's not to like about that deal?!?

I created my challenge entry using the cute l'il owl image from their free "Whooooo's the Sweetest" digital stamp set:


I printed the owls out on card stock, colored them with markers and stamped my wood grain background stamp on Kraft card stock.

To create the wood grain effect on the inside of the card, I die-cut a hole in the card front, then pushed the cut-out through to the back of the card and adhered. I popped the owls inside the tree, added some die-cut leaves, a card stock rick-rack "ribbon," and rubber stamped my sentiment. So easy, even I could do it!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the mind-bogglin' product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

So, yesterday Sheila and I met up with her certifiably insane crazy sister, Jill, for an early dinner at the newest, coolest, see-and-be-seen-ist restaurant in West Palm.

When the waitress finally deigned appeared to take our orders, Jill pointed to the menu and told her, "I'll have the 24."

"Ummm, Jill," Sheila whispered, "that's the price, not the meal number."

"Oh, okay," she said. "Then give me the 12."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Kiwi Kiss," "Kraft," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up; Turquoise Card Stock, Unknown
  • Stamps: Wood Grain Background Stamp by Hero Arts; Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Long Rectangle and Oval Dies; Rick-Rack Die by PTI; "Little Leaves" Die by Stampin' Up; Extra Fine 'White' Sharpie Paint Pen; Paper Fusion PA; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
Stampin' Up's "Occasions" Mini Catalog Expires TOMORROW! Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

28 comments:

Crystal said...

TEEEHHHEEE Deb I LOVE this, those owls are just tooo cute and how creative are you to have them in a tree...This is DARLING GF!!!

BTW Congrats on making my girlfriend's CAS Challenge DT....WOOOOHOOOOOOOO I am sooo happy for ya!!!! Big Hugs!

Regina said...

I love this! Very creative having them peek out of the tree!

Tina said...

Love, love, love this! Those owls are adorable.

Hannah said...

ohmygoodness. that's so cute. lol

de said...

Those owls are just too cute! I love the woodgrain DP too.

THanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Danni said...

How awesome!! Love those cute owls!

Tami said...

WHHOOO WHOOO Love this great card. Thanks for playing at Aly's.

Tammy said...

This is so adorable!! I love the owls eyes!! Such a fun, bright card!

Jana said...

Love all these adorable owlies. So fun. Love the tree too. Thanks for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

Deborah March said...

Cute! Love that woodgrain background!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic owls, it kind of reminds me of our house growing up-we were packed in tight! Your stories are too funny!

Janice W. said...

I absolutely love what you have done with those owls!!!! Fantastic job with the challenge at Digi Kitty! Can't wait to see what you will make with the next freebie. Thanks for playing!

my5bratz said...

how cute is this!, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

kmassman said...

Fun take on the challenge!

cgl1539 said...

I always love coming to your blog, not only get to laugh at your stories but I get to see absolutely fabulous cards! You went a completely different route with this stamp and I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at DigiKitty!!

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, love this! So cute with those owls peeking out.

Laura said...

Great Home card.Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

andrea said...

gorgeous card,the owls are so cute thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Rosemary said...

My gosh, what a cute card and I love the design. Yes, the owls are really adorable and that woodgrain stamp just makes it pop! (Who)mever (tee hee hee) is the recipient of this card is going to be smiling from ear to ear! Love that you played with us at Opus Gluei, please come back for more challenges!

Linda Ledbetter said...

WHOOOO makes the cutest cards?? You do! (Okay that was bad, I know. Sorry. But it's true). Thanks for sharing the love with us at Gingersnaps, Deb!

Dan said...

This is such a cute card, and the owls have so much personality! :) Thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Gingersnap Creations challenge!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, how totally adorable is this!
too fun, love it!!!
Blessings!

Allison said...

I lovee the owls! And what a brill idea with that wood grain BG!

Kris said...

Wow!!! Those owls are full of cuteness!! Love their eyes... Great spring card!! Thanks for joining us at the Dare!!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Wonderful card!! Love how you made the card base the tree!! Fabulous job!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Bee Crafty!!
Sheri-Bee Crafty DT

Digi Kitty said...

Now isn't this just amazing? You used wood grained paper--and made an entire family of owls--who would have ever thought to do this besides you? This is absolute genius--I'm totally digging this card--gorgeous!

Bee said...

Super! Really thoughtfully designed and crafted card. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Gingersnap Stampers said...

This is adorable, Deb! Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps Color Challenge!