Happy Tuesday, Crafty Stampers!
Two weeks ago, I won a Featured Artist gig at Doodle Palace Designs. As Featured Artist, my pleasure was to chose this week's Doodle Palace challenge. So, today's card project was created for that:
This week's challenge as chosen by yours truly is a 'dealer's choice.' You can play along by creating a project based on the following themes:
1. A color challenge (strictly black & red & one neutral);
2. A challenge to use chipboard;
3. A challenge to create a graduation card or gift;
4. A challenge to use numbers and/or letters on your project;
5. A challenge to use recycled/upcycled items (a vintage dictionary page was used here);
6. A challenge to create a "vintage-inspired" project.
OR, any combination of the above.
For all of the challenging deets, and to play along, clicky HERE to visit Doodle Palace.
I also created this card with the current Play Date Cafe 'Color Splash' challenge in mind. I looked at the inspiration photo and saw black, white and a splash of red. 'Cuz I'm color-blind. But when I went to create the link-up for this blog post, I took a closer look and saw it was ... ummm, orange. So, here it is anyway, PDCC Ladies ... I hope it's okay to link up with you, but I missed the last two challenges and I promised myself that I would get an entry in this week iff'in' it killed me! 'Cuz even though I can't read, am color-blind, and need to adjust my monitor, I love you guys. For all the fabulous PDCC25 challenge details, clicky HERE. And feel free to count me out of the contest, I just wanted to participate ... said bravely 'cuz those stamps are Da. Bomb. and I covet them!
I stamped my vintage-inspired image on 'Very Vanilla' card stock, matted it with 'Real Red,' and tied a twill alphabet ribbon around the image. I adhered a salvaged dictionary page to my card base and added some 'Blackboard' chipboard letters and numbers. A l'il label created with my newly rediscovered Dymo label maker and two die-cut stars and I was done!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all the challenging product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooo, yesterday I was hangin' out at Sheila's when we got to talking about back exercises ... exercises that I'm supposed to do
almost daily. Sheila told me she had just read about this great, easy exercise that would help strengthen my back muscles and relieve pain.
"Sounds good; show me." I said.
And off we go to her bedroom so she can walk me through the exercise. Now, before you get any funny ideas, the reason we went to her bedroom is 'cuz it's carpeted. The rest of her house ... like my house and virtually every house in South Florida ... has tile floors throughout ... except for bedrooms. And tile is very unforgiving, especially on my already sore back, kwim?
So, I get down on the floor alongside her bed and in doing so, noticed something under her bed. It was a note, from her DH, on which was written, "Sheila, it's been more than two years since we re-carpeted our bedroom. Don't you think it's time to clean under here? Love, Ken."
And, I hasten to add, it was really closer to three years when we found this note. I'm sure Sheila wanted you to know that detail, too!
- 365 Cards, Day 50: (Stamp-Over 1 year/Gift-Twill Alphabet Ribbon/Forgot-Chipboard)
- Ann's Creative Nook: Use That Chipboard!
- Die-Cut Dreams: Tear it Up (Top of Image)
- Drunken Stampers: Junk Drawer (Found My Label Maker; Thanks!)
- Forever Friends: Use Numbers
- Incy Wincy Designs: Black and White with One (Red)
- Our Daily Bread Designs: Recycle It (Dictionary Page)
- The Play Date Cafe: Color Splash (Red; Supposed to Be Orange!)
- Practical Scrappers: Floss, Fibers, Ribbons (Twill Ribbon)
- Scrappy Frogs: Pick 3 (Die-Cuts/No Coloring/Tearing)
- Stamptacular Sunday: A Penguin Celebration
- Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Real Red," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Other Paper: Vintage (1951) Dictionary Page
- Stamp: Time to Stamp
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Old Paper" Distress Ink by Ranger
- Accessories: "Retro" Blackboard Chipboard by Cosmo Cricket; Twill Alphabet Ribbon by Remember When
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Star-Shaped Dies; Dymo Label Maker; Sponge Tool; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)