TGIF, Stampers! And, since it's another fabulous Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge! This week, Sharon has challenged us to create a "Joy Fold" card.
This fold for a card is just plain, old, FUN to do -- and super easy! Sharon describes the Joy Fold as, "kind of a little card ... on top of a larger card, backwards!" Check out the Joy Fold designs created by the Stamp Simply team for ideas, OR you can create your Joy Fold card by following THIS tutorial created by Beate Johns for Splitcoast Stampers.
Here's a look inside my Joy Fold card:
Please join us this week and create your own "Joy Fold" card ... these cards are perfect for Mother's Day!
When you've completed your Joy Fold card, upload it to your blog or online gallery, then visit Sharon's blog HERE and leave the link to your post using the debonair Mr. Linky, located HERE.
If you upload your card to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, be sure to use keyword: "ssnotime136" so we can find your card.
For the ginormous view of my "Joy Fold" card, simply clicky on the photos ... and for all the joyous product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
And don't miss the fabulous "Joy Fold" cards created by Sharon and the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here (Jenn is off this week);
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat (Jenny is off this week);
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy (Tammy is on hiatus this month);
Sharon Johnson: No Time to Stamp?;
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and, our Special Guest Designer for April and May,
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.
Sooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's yesterday when Reid-the-Wild-Child came home from school. And, since he wanted a Popsicle for his after-school snack and she was running around doing laundry-type things, Sheila asked me to grab one for him from the freezer.
When I opened up her freezer, I saw row upon row of neatly packaged items. Neatly packaged AND labeled. And the labels read, "Whatever," "I Don't Care," "You Decide," "I Don't Know," "Anything," and "Food."
"Ummm, Sheila? What's goin' on in your freezer?" I asked.
"Whaddya mean, 'what's goin' on in my freezer'?"
"Well, all these packages are labeled 'Whatever,' or 'I Don't Care,' or 'You Decide'. Stuff like that."
"OHHH, well, that's my new method of meal planning! See, every time I ask Ken what he wants for dinner, he can't say, "meatloaf," or "chicken," or "pot roast." He says things like ... 'whatever,' or 'I don't know.' So, now, instead of getting all frustrated and wasting a bunch of time, when I ask him what he wants for dinner ... and he says, 'whatever,' I pull out a package of 'whatever.'"
"But ... do you know what's inside 'whatever?'" I asked.
"Sure; it's frozen 'whatever.' And 'whatever' is one of his favorite meals ... he asks for it all the time!"
Sheila is an evil genius ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a fantastic weekend!
- 365 Cards, Day 54: Fancy Folds / Joy Fold
- A Spoon Full of Sugar: Happy Birthday
- Crafty Creations: Distressing (DP is Heavily Distressed)
- Fab 'n' Funky: Get It All Out (Neglected Paper Collection)
- Nutshells Challenge: Think Spring
- S2G Twisted Thursday: Spring Has Sprung/Flowers
- Card Stock: "Soft Suede" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" Collection by Close to My Heart
- Stamps: Sentiments from Signature Greetings Set by PTI; Sprig Engraving by Rubber Stampede
- Ink: "Juniper" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up;
- Accessories: Magnetic Snaps by Basic Grey; 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Folded)