Friday, April 23, 2010

Simply Joy Folded ...

Pin It


TGIF, Stampers! And, since it's another fabulous Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge! This week, Sharon has challenged us to create a "Joy Fold" card.

This fold for a card is just plain, old, FUN to do -- and super easy! Sharon describes the Joy Fold as, "kind of a little card ... on top of a larger card, backwards!" Check out the Joy Fold designs created by the Stamp Simply team for ideas, OR you can create your Joy Fold card by following THIS tutorial created by Beate Johns for Splitcoast Stampers.

Here's a look inside my Joy Fold card:

Please join us this week and create your own "Joy Fold" card ... these cards are perfect for Mother's Day!

When you've completed your Joy Fold card, upload it to your blog or online gallery, then visit Sharon's blog HERE and leave the link to your post using the debonair Mr. Linky, located HERE.

If you upload your card to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, be sure to use keyword: "ssnotime136" so we can find your card.

For the ginormous view of my "Joy Fold" card, simply clicky on the photos ... and for all the joyous product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

And don't miss the fabulous "Joy Fold" cards created by Sharon and the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here (Jenn is off this week);

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat (Jenny is off this week);

Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy (Tammy is on hiatus this month);

Sharon Johnson: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and, our Special Guest Designer for April and May,

Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.

Sooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's yesterday when Reid-the-Wild-Child came home from school. And, since he wanted a Popsicle for his after-school snack and she was running around doing laundry-type things, Sheila asked me to grab one for him from the freezer.

When I opened up her freezer, I saw row upon row of neatly packaged items. Neatly packaged AND labeled. And the labels read, "Whatever," "I Don't Care," "You Decide," "I Don't Know," "Anything," and "Food."

"Ummm, Sheila? What's goin' on in your freezer?" I asked.

"Whaddya mean, 'what's goin' on in my freezer'?"

"Well, all these packages are labeled 'Whatever,' or 'I Don't Care,' or 'You Decide'. Stuff like that."

"OHHH, well, that's my new method of meal planning! See, every time I ask Ken what he wants for dinner, he can't say, "meatloaf," or "chicken," or "pot roast." He says things like ... 'whatever,' or 'I don't know.' So, now, instead of getting all frustrated and wasting a bunch of time, when I ask him what he wants for dinner ... and he says, 'whatever,' I pull out a package of 'whatever.'"

"But ... do you know what's inside 'whatever?'" I asked.

"Sure; it's frozen 'whatever.' And 'whatever' is one of his favorite meals ... he asks for it all the time!"

Sheila is an evil genius ...

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a fantastic weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Soft Suede" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Perfect Day" Collection by Close to My Heart
  • Stamps: Sentiments from Signature Greetings Set by PTI; Sprig Engraving by Rubber Stampede
  • Ink: "Juniper" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart; "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up;
  • Accessories: Magnetic Snaps by Basic Grey; 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

23 comments:

AJ said...

great card- LOVE how clean and fresh the sentiment looks!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Gorgeous! Love how you did the sentiment over the image.

*LOVE* the story about the freezer labels. It's one of the funniest stories I have ever heard! Sheila really is a true evil genius. I just told my DH and he was ROFL!

Your blog is so full of funny stories - what a great way to spend my afternoon - laughing my head off! Thank you :-)

Tina said...

Very interesting fold. Your card is super elegant! Hopefully, I will get around to trying this one.

Barbara said...

Well done, Deb! Very elegant paper and I love how you over stamped the sentiments!

Janine said...

Pretty Deb!! Don't you just love those sentiments from PTI??? Have a fab weekend.

Ann English said...

Love this card-will have to try one. The story is great-I like that freeze management system! Thanks for joining us for Twisted Thursday at S2G!

Viviana Martínez said...

I love your card... it is amazing. Clean and elegant, I love it.

Joan said...

Great card for the fold challenge Deb - I love this paper you've used - very elegant.

I think I just may try Sheila's method of meal selection!!!!! I get these responses all the time.
Have a great weekend.

Deborah Saaranen said...

Pretty, pretty colors Deb! Love your entire design here!

Yogi said...

very nice card. pretty colors

Allison said...

It's gorgeous...so elegant. I need to mix it up and this might be the ticket!

Georgia said...

Lovely! Thanks for playing this week at S2G TT.

Jeannie said...

Just beautiful and thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Maria Matter said...

Elegant & super fun! love the joy fold, isn't that a great name?!

funny Sheila story, I should try that freezer labeling system! haha

Hope you're enjoying your wknd!!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki C said...

Such a pretty card Deb! I love the color combo!~

Erica said...

OK, I'm planning to make a joy fold card this weekend. I could use some joy.
And for Sheila's freezer, which I so identify with, might I add "Shoulder of Shrug." That's the one I deal with from my dh.
Love being tickled by you Deb.

andrea said...

gorgeous card,beautiful colours thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
What a gorgeous Joy Fold Card! Your design papers are so pretty and I love the clean lines.
Take care and have a beautiful day!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

this card is gorgeous, love the little card on the bigger one...i so must try this one out!!

your story made me laugh and then i had to share with scott, cuz you see, these are the answers that i get from my men...so tomorrow i am rearanging the freezer...lol

i see you are going to be on the ippity blog hop, me too! can't wait to see what you make with your new ippity....

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Deb, this has to be one of my favorites.

Lisa said...

The paper is awsome! Great job:) Thank you for playing with Shirleys2Girls!

Cat said...

Love the clean and simple lines of your card! Love your friend's meal planning system, too! LOL Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

Magda said...

Very simple but beautiful! I love it.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Magda :)