Friday, July 16, 2010

Simply Clean and Simple Sketch ...

Pin It


TGIF stampin' paper-hoarders and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

This week, Sharon has provided a Clean and Simple sketch for you to follow. Feel free to go "clean and simple" or you can dress up this basic sketch:

If you click on the sketch, another window will open with a much larger version of the sketch. You can right click, "copy" or "save as" and save the sketch to your hard-drive. Or you can simply print the sketch from the open window.

Here's what I created following this fabulous sketch:

To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a card or other paper project following this sketch, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime148" so that we can find your project.

Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and our fabulous Guest Designer for July,

Clare Buswell: Clare's Creations.

If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions HERE.

Sooooooooo, I want to mention to everyone who's emailed me ... or expecting an email from me ... that my email service is out-of-order ... and has been all day. I don't know if it's Outlook, AOL, or a hardware failure. I've got the DH working on it, but he can only work on my machine when I'm not working, so who knows when it will be up and running normally. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Night of Navy" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Report Card" Collection by October Afternoon
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Papertrey Ink; Image by Great Impressions
  • Ink: "Night of Navy" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Marker
  • Accessories: Jumbo Eyelets; Bakery Twine
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Swiss Dots" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top-Folded)

53 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love that I can keep being the first person to leave a comment on your fabulous blog! (Oh the joys of being in a different time zone/date line). What a cheery card, thanks for sharing. Best of luck with the email!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is just absolutely CUTE! Clean lines , Perfectly SImple and adorable too!!!!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Love this clean and simple card! Thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

Velta said...

Oh my Deb...LOVE this one a BUNCH! Clean and Simple, yet so endearing...I love your last 2 posts...and hate I haven't been here to comment more often...work has me going to the point I don't even have time to post...I swear I DO love your little conversations with your friend's sister, etc...TFS!

Femmy said...

it's beautiful!!!

Willy said...

Cute card!

cbuswell said...

Cute card, I love the colors, has great punch and I just adore polka dots!!

Ros said...

Wow! how cute is this? and you got our colours spot on ... Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on winning one of the Color Throwdown prizes, I bet that will materialize in your mailbox!

Dianna said...

What an adorable card! I love the image! Thanks for coming to the party at PTT this week!

Janine said...

Fabulous as always Deb!! Have a great weekend!!

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Shelly's Images said...

This card is further proof that simple can be beautiful.

Wonderful card.

Thanks so much for joining us for our TTThursday Challenge at Shelly's Images. It is always so fun to visit your blog and see your creations.

Tina said...

Super adorable, love it as always! What a fun image.

Deborah Saaranen said...

So fresh and cute Deb! I love how you used the eyelets and twine...adorable!

Illy said...

Beautiful! I have an insane passion for polka-dots!
Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Welcome to Explore.Dream.Discover. said...

What a cutie patootie image! Love the colors and the string with eyelets! Take good care & have a wonderful weekend, Deb!

Paige said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Sue C said...

Fab card, the image is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at ABC. Sue C x

Elena said...

Really cute card! Really like the image you chose!

Kelly said...

lovely card!

Crystal said...

Deb I LOVE this, soooo fun!!!!!

Barbara said...

Adorable, Deb!!

Kisa Peters said...

Wooho! Congrats Deb!! I have to say I didn't even draw my winners!! I was thrilled when I saw your name!! Haha! Congrats!!

And super cute card!!! I love that you added just a touch of color to the image - super cute!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Deb I am trying to catch up on visiting I have so missed coming to see your work and this is one fabulous CAS card beautiful I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anna said...

Adorable card! Love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Rosemary said...

What a sweet and gentle card, I love it! I may have to give this a whirl, let me find my popsicle sticks (lol).

(btw, thanks for your kind words about the latest doily - I got the dove from a pack of Xmas buttons from eons ago, pays to be a packrat)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sally Atkins said...

Love, love this CAS card, Deb! It's such a striking bold design, and I love the jumbo eyelets with the twine. Thanks to your blog I have been over to see the Stamp Simply challenge and hope to join in. I'm new to blogging so still finding my way around the challenges! Thanks again, Sally

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Deb - I always love EVERYTHING you do! Thank you for your help and encouragement, drop over and see my first attempt at steampunk. Thanks for playing again at Papercraft Star - it is a delight to have someone of your talents playing along !!

Danni said...

This is just adorable!! What a cute image!

Karen B. said...

Simply cute image! Love your shorthand too. But, I've got my own problem. You see the email with the "numbers" on it went to my spam and that gets deleted after so many days, and well, now I don't have it anymore! So, when you get up and running again, please send the "numbers" to my new email at
bkbaker1222 at gmail dot com ! I'll be looking for it and then hope we can catch up!

Joycelyn Turner said...

Oh this is FANTASTIC!!!!! Love the red, white, and blue...especially your splashes of red!! *wink*!! THanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious!!

Chris said...

way cute card, love tat image!

so ia m having issues with aol...i say we boycott them! cuz they suck!

have a super weekend.

Maria Matter said...

Adorable! great bright & cheery card...love the polka dotted paper!
great idea for the twine too!
Hugs!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a totally darling card - just as sweet as can be!!! LOVE it!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a sweet card,I just love that cute image.

Rosanne said...

Terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Pile it on!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so cute and sweet!

Linda Robinson said...

This is adorable...thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Linda Robinson said...

This is adorable...thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Kristie said...

This is so cute, Deb!! I love the color combo and the image is striking. What a great idea to just color a few small parts of it. Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

Andrea M said...

Love this card! Great job :) Thanks for playing along with us at PIO!!!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

what a precious card! I adore that image and like how you chose to stamp it in blue and highlight with red. Perfect!

~jan said...

What a sweet card, Deb! Love it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Deb!! I just love the red white and blue and the stamp that looks like a sketch!! gorgeous take on the sketch and design!

April Rose said...

What a cute card--I love the colors and that adorable image! Thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenges!
Hugs,
April

Alex said...

great card :) And I'll have to check out the challenge :) TFS :)

Ann said...

What a super cute card! I love the colors and sweet image!

Allison said...

That is one super-fun card!

~amy~ said...

this is super sweet!!!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

VERY NICE work!! GREAT use of layers - thanks so much for joining TTT at SHELLY'S IMAGES this week:)