TGIF, Crafty Stampers! And, since it's another fabulous Friday, it's time for another fabulous "Stamp Simply" challenge!
We all know that "April Showers Bring May Flowers," so 3-dimensional flowers are the name of the game today! You have three options: dig into your stash of purchased flowers to use on your creation ... OR ... make your own 3-D flower ... OR ... you can make a 3-D flower out of ribbon. Many options today; let's bring forth some pretty and fun 3 dimensional May Flowers!
I decided to create my 3-D flower out of material that would otherwise be trash ... corrugated cardboard:
Please join in and create your own fabulous 3-dimensional flowers! When you've completed your 3-D flower creation, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please use keyword: "ssnotime137" so that we can find your project.
Be sure to check out all of the fantastic flowery creations created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Tammy Hershberger: Stamp Happy;
Sharon Johnson: No Time to Stamp?;
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and our talented Guest Designer for April and May:
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.
It is with sadness that I mention that Tammy will be leaving us after this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge. She will be greatly missed and I wish her nothing but happiness and success no matter where her opportunities take her. I'll miss you Tammy, but I know where to find you!
I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us this week ... this is such a fun challenge! We can't wait to see your 3-D flowery creation!
Soooooooo, Sheila and I were hangin' out yesterday when we got on the subject of the Iceland volcano eruption.
"I read that over 95,000 scheduled flights were canceled over the past week ... and that those cancellations have cost the airline industry an estimated $2 billion." I said.
"Oh, yeah, and how about all those stranded passengers at air terminals all over Europe? I wonder what it cost to feed and lodge all of those people?" Sheila mused.
"I wonder who's gonna end up paying for all of this?" I asked.
"Oh, no question ... Toyota!" Sheila-the-Evil-Genius answered.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Hope you have a fabulous ... and long ... weekend!
- Creative Craft Challenge: Bloomin' Marvelous
- Die Cut Dreams Challenge: Make Your Own Flowers
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesdays: Vintage Style
- KL Stampin' N' Scrappin': Browns / Greens / White
- Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Poolside Inspiration
- One Stitch at a Time: Flowers
- Our Creative Corner: Blooming Blossoms
- Play Date Cafe Challenge: PDCC27 Color
- Pollycraft Monday: Make Your Own Flowers
- Stampin' Royalty: Use Your Punches
- Stamping Vacation: Name That Card
- Tellen's Place: Show Us Your Flowers
- The Crafty Pad: Recycle (Cardboard Flower)
- The Creative Cottage Challenge: Circles
- Wee Memories: Flowers
- Your Next Stamp: Going Dotty
- Card Stock: "Garden Green" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: "The Thrift Shop" Collection by October Afternoon
- Other Paper: Corrugated Cardboard
- Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Frosted White" Pigment Brush Pad by Clearsnap
- Accessories: Brad Pitt by Junkitz; Crocheted Lace from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Long Rectangle Dies by Spellbinders; Various Circle Punches by Stampin' Up; "Little Leaves" Die by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)