TGIF stampin' peeps and welcome to the long holiday weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, our challenge is a "Flying High and Proud" color challenge. This weekend marks the beginning of the Memorial Day Weekend here in the U.S., a time we remember and honor those who have so bravely and proudly served our country. Realizing we have blog readers that span the globe, today our challenge is to make a card or other project using the colors of your country's flag. The project can be patriotic in nature, but it's not necessary.
When you upload your creation, PLEASE tell us your Country and your flag's colors.
Sooooooo, since I'm an American and my flag colors are red, white, and blue:
Please join us this week! When you've completed your patriotic project, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime141" so that we can find your project.
Don't miss the fabulous, patriotic projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover., (Barb is on hiatus this week), and tonight we're saying goodbye to our wonderful Guest Designer for May,
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.
Sooooooooo, yesterday afternoon Sheila and I teamed up to do some grocery shopping for the long weekend. After we'd gotten all the groceries packed away in the trunk, I noticed a stream of fluid pouring from the bottom of Sheila's car.
Sheila turned red, white, and blue then got on the phone to call her DH to come rescue us. After leaving messages at his shop, on his cell phone, and back at her house, he finally called back and promised to come save us.
When he arrived twenty minutes later, he immediately got down on the ground to check the leak. After a few minutes, he popped back up and said we were good to go.
"Are you sure? Absolutely sure? I don't wanna break down somewhere between here and home." Sheila asked.
"Oh, I'm sure," he answered, "it's apple juice."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a fabulous holiday.
- ABC Challenge: "V" is for Vintage ('Vintage' Vogue Stamp Set)
- Crafty Creations: Favorite Stamp (Vintage Vogue Set by Stampin' Up)
- Diva Coffee Break Designs: Color Challenge
- Fresh Brewed Designs: Red, White, and Blue
- Pixie Dust Studio: Going Round and Round (Brad, Flower)
- Res-Q Challenge: Red, White, and Blue
- Sentimental Sundays: Get Well
- Theme Thursday: Beauty (Beautiful Stamps)
- Card Stock: "Real Red" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: Patterns Pack III by Stampin' Up
- Stamp: Sentiment from PTI; Flowers from "Vintage Vogue" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Night of Navy" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Red Brad Pitts by American Crafts
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Dies; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)