TGIF hoarding card-makers welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
As Sharon has previously mentioned, color challenges are her favorite kind of challenge. This week, Sharon has challenged us to create a paper project using green, yellow, white or ivory, and a pop of black.
Here's a photo to help get those colorful and creative juices flowing:
I was instantly drawn to the eye-poppin' chartreuse green and black color combination in this comfy bedroom. BTW, you can clicky on the photo for a larger image that you can either print or save to your hard-drive for reference.
These fabulous colors inspired me to create this:
To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a card or other paper project using the inspiration colors, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime150" so that we can find your project.
Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
AJ: The Willow Garden;
Barb: Explore. Dream. Discover.;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Deb: Dream in Color;
Janine: 2 B Krafty;
Jenny: One Krafty Kat; and our talented Guest Designer for July,
Clare: Clare's Creations.
If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions, HERE.
We can't wait to see your green, yellow, white or ivory, and a pop of black creations!
Soooooo yesterday, Reid-the-Wild-Child called me up to ask me when I'd take him back to the Library to exchange his "Moth" book. If you're at all curious ... or if you missed yesterday's post and are a glutton for punishment, you can read all about it HERE.
"Well, I can't take you until Saturday afternoon." I replied.
"Oh. Well, how 'bout if I pay you to take me to the Library tomorrow?" Reid proposed.
"Pay me with what? You got a Trust Fund I don't know about?"
"Here's what: I hate to say it, Auntie, but your blog hasn't been funny AT ALL lately so you need a good joke. How 'bout I pay you with this fantastic, funny, wild, crazy, awwwwweeeee-some new joke I know?"
"Wellllllll, I don't know, how 'bout a test drive?" I asked.
"No way, Jose. You can trick Mommy with that stuff, but not me."
"Alright, okay. I'll take you to the Library on Friday. Spill the joke, Kiddo."
"Okay, here goes: 'What do Eskimos get if they sit on the ice too long?'" Reid asked.
"I give up."
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah, Reid can't breathe he's laughing so hard. After a minute or two, the coughing and choking subsides and he finally composes himself.
"So, whaddya think? Great joke, right?" Reid asked.
"Wellllllll, ummm, sorry, but I don't get it." I teased him. "Splain."
"Well, heck I DON'T know what it means! I'm just a kid! Geez, never mind, I don't wanna go to the Library with you now anyway."
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope your weekend is long and fabulous!
- Crafty Sentiments: Embossing (Wet/Heat)
- Create 4 Fun: Flowers
- Creative Inspirations: Animals
- Donna's Den of Crafts: Green
- Dutch Dare: Anything Goes
- For Fun Challenges: Colors of Summer
- Flutterby Wednesdays: Open (Butterflies)
- Paper Play: Anything Goes
- Rosie D's Challenge: All Creatures Great and Small
- Stamp n' Doodle: Anything Goes
- Stampin' Royalty: Keep It Simple Sweetie (KISS)
- Whoopsi Daisy: Vibrant Colors
- Card Stock: "Basic Black" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
- Designer Paper: "Green Tea" Designer Paper from the "Mocha Chica" Paper Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
- Stamps: Flower Spray from "Nature Silhouettes" Set by Cornish Heritage Farms; Sentiment from "Trendy Trees" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
- Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko; "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
- Accessories: "Mellow Yellow" Speciality Embossing Powder by CopperKate; Flat-Back Pearls by Mark Richards
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit Die by Stampin' Up!; Heat Tool by Stampin' Up!; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Side-Folded)