TGiF hoarding paper-crafters!
Today's project was created for the Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead Challenge, "Use a Faux Technique." I decided to use the 'Faux Leather' technique to create the look of an old leather valise using Tim Holtz's 'Vintage Valise' die. For all of the challenging deets ... and to see all of the amazing 'faux' techniques posted ... clicky HERE to visit the current Random Redhead challenge at Gingersnap Creations.
I'm also entering this project in the My Mojo Monthly challenge, Vintage Vibes. I love any-and-all-things vintage and this great die by Tim Holtz is no exception. I've been collecting antiques my entire life and my love for this esthetic has spread into my crafting life.
This project qualifies for several other fab challenges ... check out the complete list, below. And for the down-low on the product I used to create this 'faux leather' valise, please see the Ingredients list at the bottom of this post.
Sooooo, yesterday I arrived at Sheila's at the exact moment her DH was rushing out the door:
"What's the hurry, Big Guy ... tryin' to get away from me?" I asked.
"Heck no, Deb, Sheila's in there ... ummm ... singing."
"And that's a problem because ... ?"
"Because I want to make it clear to the neighbors that I'm not beating her."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a very crafty weekend!
- 4 Crafty Chicks: Anything But a Card
- Anything Goes Challenge: Altered (Cereal Box)
- Creative Time for Me: No Electronic Cutter
- Desert Islands Crafts: Itinerary (#1, #2, #8, #9, #10)
- Frosted Designs: Numbers (On Luggage Tags)
- Inspire Me Fridays #48: Anything Goes
- More Than Favors: Vacation (Luggage)
- Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes
- Paper Play Challenges: Old (Stamps) New (Valise Die)
- Scrap It Girl: Go Green & Recycle (Recycled Cereal Box)
- Stamp 'n' Doodle: Embossing (Heat Embossing)
- The Artistic Stamper: Travel
- Tuesday Throwdown: Paper Tearing (Tore Masking Tape)
- Valise Base and Accessories: Recycled Cereal Box
- Card Stock: "Always Artichoke" and "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up; Blue Card Stock by Georgia Pacific
- Masking Tape
- Stamps: All Stamps from "Ephemera" Stamp Set by 7gypsies
- Ink: "Jet Black" Archival Ink by Ranger; "Gathered Twigs" and "Walnut Stain" Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
- Other Color Medium: "Copper," "Espresso," and "Juniper" Paint Dabbers by Adirondack
- Accessories: Jute Twine, Unknown; Mini Screw-Top Fasteners by Tim Holtz; Clear Embossing Powder by Ranger; Glossy Accents by Tim Holtz; Crafter's Pick by Tim Holtz
- Tools: Die Cut Machine by Sizzix; "Vintage Valise" Die by Tim Holtz; Crop-A-Dile by WRMK'ers; Heat Tool
- Finished Size: 6" x 4 1/8"