Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Predicting the Future ... with Greeting Cards!

Pin It


Well, not exactly. But this is the very last card project I created before coming down with pneumonia. So, I mailed it to myself! And guess what? I feel better!

Ipso facto: a handmade, stamped greeting card will definitely make you feel better. And will give you fresh breath and strong, shiny hair, too!

And the iron lung reference (see post below), was a joke. I am, and have been, breathing just fine all by my lonesome. Anyway, I'm terribly sorry for the misunderstanding ... I DO have a strange sense of humor, huh?!?

This cute little card was created using an ancient (1996) matchbox stamp from Crafty One/Limited Edition, and a slide drawer-type match box:

I stamped my image on Funky Vintage designer papers from Making Memories, then cut everything out, gluing the "comforter" on to the match box. I colored my Teddy bear with Koh-I-Noor pencils, blending with Gamsol and a paper stump.

I stamped my sentiment on Bazzill card stock, cut some mats using rectangle and heart-shaped Nestie dies in the Cuttlebug, and tied some funky fiber around the fold.

Here's a peak at the goodies tucked inside the drawer:

The tiny teddy and the little book are part of the stamp but you could certainly add more fun little things to make your little sickie smile. Like penicillin ...

Now that I'm startin' to feel like my middle-aged old self again, I expect to get back into the swing of things soon: participating in my sweet friend Allison's weekly challenges, lots of e-ing with my pal, Annapurna, return-comment blurfing, admiring everything Jewels creates, stalking SCS, and visiting your blog.

THAT should keep me outta trouble for a while!

Thanks for spending part of your busy day with me; you rock!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, DCWV; Designer Paper: Making Memories, Funky Vintage "Lizzie Collection"; Stamps: Matchbox Marvels by Limited Edition/Sentiment: Papertrey Ink; Dye Ink: Distress Ink "Black Soot" by Ranger Industries; Color Medium: Koh-i-Noor Woodless Pencils; Fiber: Unknown; Die Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Dies by Spellbinder's; Gamsol by Gamblin; Paper Stump: Creative Mark; Adhesive: ATG 714 and "The Ultimate" by Api

11 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific Deb! Love the little box on the front...my kids would love a card like this! I am glad you didn't die...us middle-aged chicks have to stick together!

Annapurna said...

Now this post is making me feel really guilty for not sending you your package yet.

You are one creative chica. Who would have thought about using a match box for a comforter. Cool idea and I am glad it made you feel better.

Very nicely done.

Theresa Momber said...

Oh that is too cute. Love the matchbook idea. I thought the iron lung was a joke, but it is good to know for sure. ;) Glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

You are the queen of paper!

Julie Koerber said...

YEAH, Deb's back! YKYR!!! So, I wonder if I should mail a card to myself so I can get fresher breath and shiny hair! Man, you crack me up!!! This card is too stinkin' cute! That drawer is so fun!

Tonniece said...

THIS IS TOO CUTE. I LOVE IT!!!!
my grandkids would love something like this in the mail. I just might case this if it's ok with you.
Good to see you are feeling better.

Happy Wednesday

Kathy K said...

Holy Crud! This card is adorable! I love it!

Angelnorth said...

This is awesome Deb - certainly made me smile :o) Sorry to read you've been ill but glad you are starting to feel better.

Risa said...

Awwww...your card is adorable Deb and I love the pink and blue combo! I'm so glad to know that YOU are back with us and I hope all is well:)

Hugs
Risa:)
p.s. A card from me should be arriving at your doorsteps any day now. Continue on with your recovery and try not to over do it!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Look at all of the brilliance I've been missing! This is out of this world,,the epitome of cuteness. WOW! :0)

Elena said...

Cute, fun, beautiful and very inspirational! Great idea! I think each kid will love it! Thank you for the inspiration!
Elena