Thursday, September 3, 2009

Please Pass the Alcohol ... Ink

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

The background for today's card project was created with alcohol inks stamped with a collage-style rubber stamp.

I stamped my image using solvent ink, added some metal and paper flowers, twill ribbon, and a die cut flourish-thingy.

For all the astounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, Reid-the-Wild-Child called me yesterday and asked me if I had any Rolling Stone CD's. Sheila, didn't have any so she suggested he ask me.

"Sure, I've got a couple," I answered. "and I think it's pretty cool that you like the Stones, Reid!"

"Well, sure, Auntie, I like old-fashioned music." he said.

"Whaddya mean, 'old-fashioned music'!?!"

"You know, music from the 1900's." he answered.

Brat.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Unknown (Unmounted)
  • Ink: Staz-On Solvent Ink
  • Color Medium: Alcohol Inks
  • Accessories: Twill Ribbon; Prima Flowers; Brad
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinders Die
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

11 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb this ROCKS!!! OMG is this ever soooooo beautiful!!!! LOVE your flower treatment too!! Hugs!

Sharli said...

Deb, this is beautiful! How do you apply the alcohol inks? Is it on glossy paper? Do you go direct-to-paper? I've never used alcohol inks, I guess. I LOVE the effect you've gotten with the tone changes and all. Very interesting!

1900's. Humphh!

Tina said...

Oh my gravy! I love th bold colors and that stamp, too sweet.

Allison said...

Love this so much! So much drama and I am always looking for ways to use my collage stamps!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the bright cheery colors on this!! Gorgeous stamp!! You are so good at creating different tones! Beautiful!!

Maria Matter said...

wow, great bold colors Deb...gorgeous!
Blessings, Maria

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Deb! I love the stamped collage panel!

Risa said...

Your card is gorgeous Deb!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

I love the colors of this gorgeous card!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this card and the colors. Great vintage look. Great work! I saw a commercial on TV for a movie the other day and the dialog went something like this: "Where's Marcus?" "I slapped him into next week. . .he'll be back around Tuesday." LOL Apply? Best, Curt

Chris said...

love this, but i'd just soon have the alcohol...not the inks...don't think it would be very good "on the rocks"...