Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday Wishes ... And Fishes!

Pin It


Happy Friday, Stampers!

I love, love, love this cute craft stamp from Janlynn's Stamps Happen, Inc.! This is one of their newest holiday craft stamps; to see THIS stamp, clicky HERE. To see the entire Stamps Happen holiday stamp collection, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my image three times; twice on DP and once on card stock, then paper-pieced the gift boxes over the image stamped on card stock.

I colored the cute l'il bird with Copic markers, matted it, and adhered some very old stripey DP to my card base. I added some Prima holiday flowers and holiday brads and finis! So easy, even I could do it!

For the rest of the joyful product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and her DH took the day off to do some fishing. Wait. That's not right. No, Ken took the day off to go fishing, and Sheila whined and complained so much, that he grudgingly agreed to take her with him.

All I had to do was pick up Reid-the-Wild-Child at the bus stop, bring him home, then stay with him till Sheila and Ken returned.

When they returned, Sheila looked miserable ... whereas I was fresh-as-a-daisy from two + hours with the Wild-Child ... yeah, right.

"Why so glum, Chum*? Didn't you two have fun?"

"Oh, everything went wrong, Deb. First Ken said I talked so loud that I would scare the fish. Then he said I was using the wrong bait, and then that I was reeling in too soon."

"Oh, well, you know how men are about fishing," I said.

"Yeah, and I guess I could live with that, but then, to make matters worse, I was the only one catching any fish!"

*A fishing pun!! Yeah, Sheila didn't get it either ...

Thanks for coming by ... and hey, why not go fishing with your DH this weekend!?!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Wassail" Collection by BasicGrey; "Candy Striped" by Provo Craft
  • Craft Stamp: "Christmas Bird and Gifts" by Janlynn's "Stamps Happen, Inc."
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Prima Flowers; Christmas Brads
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

24 comments:

Tina said...

Ohhh, the background paper is delish as is all the paper peicing of this adorable image. Love it!

Theresa Momber said...

Too cute! Love your paper piecing. Great fishing story!

Janine said...

Fabulous Deb... Love it!
Have a great weekend.

The Rubber Maid said...

So cute is that little bird and your DP works so well on your gifts. Is chum a fish? Yea I'm not too swift in the fishing terms so I'm with your friend...don't understand. Happy holiday weekend. Pat

Crystal said...

Deb this is FANTASTIC!! I LOVE your embellies!!!

knitwit said...

Fishing with my DH?! I'd rather have my eyeballs pierced!! Gorgeous card, and I've bestowed a blog award on you over at my place...

Risa said...

Awwwwww...what a super cute and fun card! I love your image and the gorgeous details!
hugs
Risa:)

Elena said...

Oh, how cute! Love this birdie too! The flowers with Christmas brads looks so pretty here!

Maria Matter said...

ooo, I love paper piecing...this is fab Deb!

Blessings, Maria

Curt in Carmel said...

Adorable card Deb! Love the detail you put in this one! The paper piecing is super! Best, Curt

Chris said...

very cute!!

Elise said...

Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

Julia Aston said...

what a fun holiday card Deb - love that cute bird atop his bundle of presents and the great flowers - super colors on this too!

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb, just stopping by to say hi! Hope all is well!
Blessings, Maria

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow this is gorgeous, very nicely done...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Diane said...

Super cute card!
You should write comic strips!!LOL!

purplestamper316 said...

should we be concerned that you haven't posted anything lately ??? are you ok ???? miss your daily doses of smiles :) <><

Curt in Carmel said...

Ok, where the heck are ya! I miss you bunches!!!!! Best, Curt

Theresa Momber said...

Miss you, Deb!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

Maria Matter said...

{bonk, bonk, bonk} is this thing on?????

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
Just dropping in to say that I miss seeing you around dear. I hope that all is well!
BIG HUGS
Risa:)

Elena said...

Hello Deb,
just stopped by to say you Hello.
Hope you are doing all right...
Miss you!!!
Sending you my hugs,
Elena

Curt in Carmel said...

OK girly girl. . .you obviously have a lot of us missing you! HELLOOOOOOOO! Don't make me come down there! LOL Best, Curt

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card!