Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Digital Template 'Village'

Pin It


Happy New Year's Eve, Stampers!

Yup, I came out of hibernation to participate in this weeks "Just Us Girls" Challenge. This week, the JUGS challenge was to create a project using a digital template ... and a bonus-challenge to use the color blue. For my digital 'Village,' I used two templates by Kelleigh Ratzlaff of Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs.

This l'il village also qualifies for this weeks "Pals Paper Arts Challenge," Anything But a Card. For all the deets on this fun challenge, clicky HERE.

To create my l'il houses and trees, I used beautiful digital papers created by Sugarplum Paperie for The Digichick Boutique. This kewl paper pack, Paper Daisies, is available for FREE on the Hybrid Chick blog. You can clicky HERE to snag the paper pack for your digital paper stash!

Using Photoshop, I created clipping masks and tweaked the hue and saturation a bit on the papers to create a bluish tone. For all the rest of the challenging deets, or to view the digital entries, clicky HERE to visit the "Just Us Girls" blog. For the ginormous view of my 'Village,' clicky on the photo.

Soooooooo, Sheila and I recently took Reid-the-Wild-Child to the West Palm Beach Zoo. According to the Wild Child, the highlight of our visit was the free-roaming peacocks. And, as peacocks are want to do, we spied several strolling around the Zoo grounds showing off their gorgeous plumage.

When we got back home, Reid couldn't wait to tell his Dad about his day at the Zoo:

"Hey Dad, guess what?!? I saw a Christmas tree come out of a chicken!"

Food for thought ...

Here's hoping that your 2010 is happy, healthy, and prosperous. See you next year!

~Hugs,

  • Digital Software: Adobe Photoshop
  • Digital Paper: "Paper Daisies" by Nicole Seitler, Sugarplum Paperie, Digichick Boutique
  • Digital Templates: "Gable Box" and "Terrific Trees" by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs, Digichick Boutique
  • Tools: Aleen's Tacky Glue; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Homemade FlowerSoft-Stuff; Pinecones, Wooden Snowmen; Buffalo Snow Flakes
To purchase Stampin' Up! products online 24/7, click HERE.

25 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Your village is just BEAUTIFUL! My parents live in Stuart BTW and I will be there in two weeks! It's so funny that it's cold where I live and I made a beach template and it's hot where you live and you did a snow village! Just LOVE all of the details!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

OOO Deb, your digital Village looks like a Winter Wonderland! I am so happy you came out of hibernation to play along with Just Us Girls template challenge! I hope you peek out again Saturday for a fun sketch challenge!

Sharli said...

Deb, LOVE your village - it's so peaceful and sweet!!

Happy New Year!!

knitwit said...

Ahhh, those kids say the darndest things. I am in hysterics!
Amazing village--you are a pro!
Happy New Year!!

Laurel said...

Wow, beautiful!

Lisa Kind said...

OMG!!! This is outstanding, Deb! The thought and work that went into this is amazing! I just love your creativity! I don't have that "out-of-the-box" creativity! Love it! Thanks for entering it into our JUGs challenge!

Oh, love your Wild Child's peacock comment! So precious!

eva said...

Very nice

Kristin Bueter said...

Deb, your little village is AMAZING! I cannot even believe you created houses with gable boxes...who thinks of that?! LOL Soooo clever! Love the blue hue you achieved by adjusting the digi paper...makes your village very winter-y! GREAT job!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you on Saturday for Lisa's sketch challenge!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh MY! THis is so cute Deb! I love that you had fun over at the Digi Chick discovering the free papers and having fun with Kelleigh's templates. A snow village! THat is so creative! THanks so much for playing with Just US Girls. Be sure and email me at paperdaydream at aol dot com for your 40% off coupon to Kelleigh's store.

Denise Clark said...

What a wonderfully, peaceful winter scene! Love your village! Great job! So many details with the buildings, the trees and even the snow. Lovely!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

stunning, fabulous job...I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Crystal said...

WOW Deb your village is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am glad your out of hibernation...teehee I missed ya!!! I wish you and your family many blessings in 2010!!!! Happy New Year!

Davi said...

Hey Deb, thanks for stopping by. Yup I love polka dots. :) You village and trees is amazing and beautiful!! love the colors and all the fun extras for the winter that all we sun people never see! Happy New Year!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Absolutely fantastic Deb. LOVE the whole village - what a great concept and done so beautifully, too. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Absolutely gob smackingly awesome!

Tracey Cuccia said...

FANTASTIC! I love every detail! This project is just lovely from top to bottom!!! WOW!

Thanks for playing along with us at the JUGS challenge this week!!

Chris said...

your village is damn cute, but looks like too much work for me!! happy new year, my blogging friend!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Oh, my goodness! This is AMAZING!! SO many details!! Very, very pretty project. Thanks for using my templates!!

Allison said...

Ah...may...zing! I will be waiting by my mailbox for its arrival...ha!

Elena said...

Wow! What a stunning village you created! Love everything about it! :)

Curt in Carmel said...

LOL with the Reid comment! Too funny. Your digital village is adorable too! Best, Curt

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is fabulous! The details are wonderful! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Beautifully done! So glad you play @PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

Oh my goodness, Deb! I just love your little village! So cute and so fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, Deb, this village is gorgeous!!!