Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Farewell Typewriter ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, hoarding paper-crafters ... hope you're having a fantastical day!

Today's card project was created for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. This week, the theme is "Song Title."

Lately I've been listening to hours and hours of alternative rock and have managed to get the song, "Farewell Typewriter" by The Posies, stuck in my head. I hate it when that happens. I thought using the song in a challenge would purge it from my brain ... plus I'd get to use my vintage typewriter stamp ... which is nearly identical to MY vintage typewriter. Well, I did use the stamp but the song is still looping over and over in my head. Oh, well ...

The card also qualifies for the CAS-Fridays "Penguin Suit" Challenge, to use black and white in a card. For a complete list of challenges, lookie below.

Finally, I'm entering this card into Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge, "Elements of Time."

For all of the rockin' product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... you rock!

~Hugs,


Challenges:

Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: PTI
  • Stamps: Vintage Typewriter by Club Scrap; Sentiment by Artistic Outpost
  • Ink: Archival Ink by Ranger
  • Accessories: Clock Face by Maya Road; Game Spinner, Long Brad, Mini Paper Clip all by Tim Holtz; Vintage Photo Corners; Twill Alphabet Ribbon by Remember When; Patchwork Texture Fade by Tim Holtz
  • Tools: Dimensionals; Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder Die
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4

13 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Wonderful card. Fabulous graphic effect. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charimas this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Michele Gross said...

Really cool card-that typewriter is awesome! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Candy C said...

Hi Deb. Beautiful card! I love the black and white together. Your typewriter is really cool! Love the embossing on the black and the embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

xxxtglxxx said...

Great CAS card Deb! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Julia Aston said...

Hey Deb! love all the elements on this fun card - have not heard that song! thanks for dropping by my blog - long time no see!! It's good to say 'hello' again!

Anne said...

Well Hello ol' bean!!! Long time, etc. etc....! So good to see you again, and haven't you been busy! I don't get out as much as I used to so it's lovely of you to remind me that you have this fab blog - thanks for that! Your card is brilliant - I LOVE that typewriter image, and the TH embossed bg! Never heard the song tho'???? (if I'm honest, I've never heard of The Posies either! LOL!!) Will have to get out more.

Great to see you Deb, thanks for stopping by! :o) xx

Vee said...

This is a fabulous CAS card. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Evelyn S. said...

This is an absolutely delightful card!

Tonniece said...

Love the typewriter Deb,oh... and that clock (i'm so into clocks).
Kewl card woman.

Hugs
Tonniece

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful CAS card - love the old fashioned typewriter! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the corners and the embossing!! Looks fabulous without being over-crowded : )

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Awesome card, Deb! The black and white is so powerful, the typewriter is just terrific and I love the little photo corners. Great supporting details! So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Hugs,
Linda

Chris said...

i so love that typewriter stamp!! your card is awesome!!