Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grungy Monday ...

Pin It


Hello, stampers and grungers! Long-time-no see ... where ya been?!?

Today's card project was created for Studio L3's "Grungy Monday," Episode #33.

This week my old friend, the lovely and talented Linda Ledbetter {waves} has challenged us to create a project using one of Tim Holtz's magical alcohol ink techniques. Messy and fun! Check out Tim's easy, step-by-step tutorial, HERE.

The plan was to create a Fragment ... in my favorite alcohol ink colors ... that could be added to a bead-chain to create a necklace. And that still could happen, LOL!

I used vintage pen nibs from my vast collection of old and dusty stuff to embellish the card. The neat stamps are a mystery ... both are unmounted ... sorry. But for the rest of the exciting product info, check out the card recipe, below.

Thanks so much for swingin' by! And Sheila sezs "hey." So. Hey. When I have more time, I'll tells ya a story or hundred.

~Hugs,


Card Recipe:

  • Card Stock: PTI Kraft; Glossy Card Stock by Ranger
  • Stamps: Unknown
  • Ink: "Early Espresso" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; Jet Black Archival Ink, Ranger
  • Color Medium: "Sail Boat," "Bottle," & "Citrus" Alcohol Inks, Adirondack
  • Accessories: Fragment by Tim Holtz; Vintage Pen Nibs, Personal Collection; 7Gypsies Laundry Pin
  • Tools: Tim Holtz Blending Tool and Felt Applicator; Corner Rounder Punch; Dimensionals
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

18 comments:

Tonniece said...

ta da, I made to your blog woman.
What can I say, I LOVE THIS. So creative as usual.

Hugs
Tonniece

Jayne said...

Hey, Deb, it's good to have you back. I've missed your unique humor...and your wonderful creations, of course.

teepee said...

Yep, I've missed your humor as well, not to mention your TDF creations. Welcome back.

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Deb, very inspiring! xox

Sue from Oregon said...

I had to do a double take! She posted!!! Welcome back and thanks for sharing such a great creation...so missed your stories too!

Trish Latimer said...

Wow! Gorgeous! love the colours and the simplicity of the finished piece.

Joy said...

Ooooh wow! I love this! :)

Sandra said...

love the simplicity of this card! I know the technique isn't!! It's stunning!

Anita Houston said...

Fabulous! Live the images you choose here and the layout of your card!!! Nice coloration as well! Wonderful work here!

Judy Cantrell said...

Beautiful creation!

Donna Bowman said...

Love the colors on your fragment and it looks like you did the technique perfectly!! I also like how the stamp matches your fun pen embellishments. This is a great card!!

Julie Ranae said...

Hokey Smokes!! How GREAT to have you visit The Open Window again, Deb!!! So great to hear from you. Looks like you've been busy yourself and just getting back to it.
Your work has become so uber-dimensional and so much fun! Hope you'll visit again soon and I'll try to do the same!

paulatracy said...

I am still learning about seeing all the stuff in the TIM group...saw your message and popped in to look...this is AWESOME!! I love it, the kraft paper is a cool backdrop for the pen nibs and your art work!!

Michele said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sam said...

Deb this is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely adore it!
Thanks for visiting me and becoming a Follower. After having a peep at your blog I am following you too! Awesome stuff and paper bag albums I LOVE!! See ya!

Anne said...

Niiiiiiice!!!! Oh my, This is just divine Deb!! xx

Basement Stamper said...

This is stunning, love the nibs on this with that fragment. Beautiful!

Chris said...

this is beautiful!! love those pen tips on a card!!