Thursday, April 26, 2012

#3 of 12 of 2012 ...

Pin It

Happy Thursday, stampers!  Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Today's tag was created for Tim Holtz's "12 Tags of 2012," April edition.  For Tim's stepped-out tutorial, or to see his amazing tag, clicky HERE.

This tag also qualifies for a number of fabulous challenges.  Please refer to the bottom of this post for the complete list. And for the down-low on all of the exciting product I used to create this tag, check out the Tag Ingredients, below.

Unfortunately, real life has gotten in the way of my crafty plans this month but I couldn't let April slip away without participating in Tim's "12 Tags of 2012 Challenge."  Imagine my dismay surprise when I discovered Blogger has completely redesigned the post options ... what fun.  I'm x-ing my fingers that this post launches ... and looks ... the way I'd like because what I'm seeing in the preview window is definitely not what I like or want!

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit me today ... you rock!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:
Tag Ingredients:
  • #8 Manila Tag: Ranger Industries
  • Other Paper:  Grungeboard by Tim Holtz
  • Stamp:  Music Sheet Background Stamp by River City Rubber
  • Ink:  Jet Black Archival Ink by Ranger Industries; Broken China, Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo, and Wild Honey Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
  • Accessories:  Frayed Burlap Strings; Seam Binding Tape by Hug Snug;  Metal Key, Metal Crown, and Metal Word Band by Tim Holtz; Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder by Tim Holtz; Fancy and Floral Frames Texture Fade by Tim Holtz; Screw-head Brad by Tim Holtz
  • Tools:  Die-Cut Machine; Bird Branch Die by Tim Holtz; Heat Tool; Foam Mounting Tape; Ink Blending Tools by Tim Holtz; Distressing Tool by Tim Holtz; Mini Mister by Tim Holtz

26 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Deb-this is very pretty! Wonderful tag. Glad you managed to slide in for April LOL!

Yvonne Garner said...

Beautifully done!

Danni said...

What a fabulous tag!! Love all the elements to it!!

crafty amy said...

Oh wow this is a gorgeous tag! I LOVE the way the little bird has a crown :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Sandra said...

Love your take on the tag! It's so bright and colorful. Stunning!

Anita Houston said...

Hey...everyone needs a month off every now and again!!! Your tag is gorgeous! I love the musical background...makes since as well! It's great to see you back!

Marjie Kemper said...

Deb, I love your song bird against the music... missed your posts and glad you're back!

Renee said...

Welcome back! Your tag looks great, you have conquered the new blogger changes just fine. :-)

Annie said...

Hi Debs....... I missed your posts and hoped you were okay. Great to see you back. Your tag, as always, is great. Lovely colours and texture. Take care. Annie x

Kate said...

Wow, this tag is beautiful! I love your colors. Its full of wonderful texture. I am still working on mine but a little stumped. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed my visit to yours. Your projects are fabulous!
Kate

Lizbethem said...

Fabulous tag!
I'm still laughing about Washington, DC !

Ros said...

Beautiful tag ... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous T!m tag Deb, love the colours and texture. Thanks for sharing this lovely with us at The Stamp Man.
hugs {brenda} xox

Crafty Kitten said...

What a gorgeous tag, such lovely colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting for all Seasons this time.
hugs
Dawn S xxx

Michelle said...

wonderful tag!

~Tammy~ said...

Your tag is just gorgeous!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful tag Deb!! Love how you colored the bird. I have got to get this die!!

Emma H said...

Just gorgeous - the colours are so bright and cheerful, just like the little bird! Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week!

Linda R said...

What an amazing tag! I just love your bird! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag Deb, such lovely colours and textures.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

cnelson said...

What a lovely little tag! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Janis said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting For All Seasons. :) Janis

Chris said...

ooh this is gorgeous!!

Rosemary said...

Deb, this is lovely! I really like your interpretation and the colors sing (too punny? bird song? crickets crickets).

I know what you mean about time getting away from you, that's happened to me a lot lately. But even one blog post from you is fab, I miss your creativity and humor otherwise!

Michele Roos said...

This is such a wonderful tag. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

Karen Letchworth said...

Very cute tag! I like your style. I would like to go ahead and "follow" you, and really hope you will stop by and "follow" me. I also have a challenge blog, and would love to have you play along if you are able. The link is on my blog. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! Hope to see you soon.
Blessings,
Karen L
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com