Monday, October 5, 2009

Back in Business ...

Pin It

Reports of my demise have been slightly premature!

I'm not dead, but I've been really sick ... and so has my computer ... but it looks like we're both finally back in business! I've missed all of you so much and thank you all for your concern, emails, and comments. You guys rock!

I'm planning on blogging again on a regular basis and I'll be getting around to all of your blogs as soon as possible. Thanks so much for waiting on me! Now all I have to do is to create some stuff!

Today's project is a Halloween-themed, vintage-inspired, altered paper bag album:


This is the cover ...


This spread is pages 2 and 3 ...


This spread is pages 4 and 5 ...


This spread is pages 6 and 7 ...


This spread is pages 8 and 9, and ...


This spread is pages 10 and 11.

If you'd like to take a look at more photos, the album is currently listed on eBay. You can check it out HERE. For the ginormous view, simply clicky on the photos.

A quick Sheila/Reid-the-Wild-Child story for you junkies:

So, Sheila and Reid came by the other day to check up on me. Reid was all decked out in his new soccer uniform ... shin guards and all.

"Whoa, Big Guy," I enthused, "you look fantastical!"

Reid blushed.

"So, what's the name of your soccer team, Kiddo?" I asked.

"The Possums!" he proudly exclaimed.

"Ummm ... the Possums?"

"Yup! Know why?" he asked me.

"I give up."

"'Cuz we get killed on the road!" Reid explained.

Oh, I get it ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by today and for hangin' in with me! Have a great week!!

~Hugs,



To purchase Stampin' Up! products, clicky
HERE.

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Good heavens, girl, I thought you fell off the face of the earth. I have missed you & your Reid stories! What an awesome project to jump back into blogging with (sorry, I know that's grammatically incorrect!)!!!!I LOVE IT! You must share with me where you got all these vintage Halloween goodies, esp. that black cat on the front! Wonderful!

patti moffett said...

Yippee Skippee. So glad you are feeling better...Daily you were missed. when I clicked on this morning and saw that you had returned I didn't realize I shouted "YES" outloud!!!! My son in the other room asked what I had won!!!!
Well I might not have won anything but I sure am glad you are better.
blessings
patti

Tina said...

So glad to see you post! This paper bag album is incredibly filled with detail!

Susan said...

I haven't been in blogland for a while either, also because of a sick computer. I'm glad to read that you and he/she are all better! :-)

Holy Halloween!! This album is to die for and all those vintage pieces and images are fabulous! WOW!!!

Theresa Momber said...

Yay!!!! I'm so glad you are back. I was getting worried. Sorry you have been sick, but glad you are on the mend.

LOVE your album. I am amazed at the incredible detail that you put into your albums. They are works of art!!

TAKE CARE!!! (said in my most authoritative voice)

knitwit said...

My first thought when I woke up this morning was that I was going to have to comment you to make sure you were still with us! Thank goodness you're feeling better--it's that time of year, I guess!
Amazing project! I couldn't even dream of doing anything that fiddly!

redwasher1 said...

I'm soooooooo glad your back and feeling better! You didn't lose any of your wonderful talent either, that Bag album is Fantastic!! WOW! you have a work of ART in the the bag.LOL

Maria Matter said...

Yay, look everyone Debs back!!!!!

Holy moley girl, were you missed!!
so sorry you were sick though!!

Your album so rocks....wowza! It just amazing, so many wonderful elements!!!
That's what I call a grand entrance...back to blogland!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Chris said...

sounds like i got a new nick name for my son't jv soccer team....LOL glad your back, glad to see your *smilin face* on my blog today! i for one missed it!! way cute bag book...lovin the vintage!! >"< i bet if you moved back north you wouldn't get sick...just a thought cuz i still need a *normal* friend!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - so sorry you've been sick Deb! This altered book is just super! love all that vintage stuff in there!

Elena said...

So glad to see you are back, Deb! I missed you and Sheila! So sorry that you was not feeling good...
Love your Halloween album! You are amazing with all of the detailed work for the inside pages!

Sharli said...

YaHOO!!! YOu're back! I've missed you SO much, Deb!

I'm hoping you're feeling much better - it certainly looks like you've got your MOJO going again - this book is just amazing!

Did I say I've missed you? Holy cow!

Risa said...

Hello Deb and Welcome back!
I'm very sorry to hear that you were sick;but glad to know that you are recovering!
What a beautiful vintage styled Halloween album! Each page is decorated beautifully and the details are amazing!
hugs
Risa:)

Curt in Carmel said...

These altered bag albums you make are just amazing. I went to the link and just spent a lot of time pouring over all of the cool stuff in this one. I so LOVE all of that vintage Halloween stuff. You are so talented! Glad you are feeling better! Love the Reid story. So cute! Best, Curt

Janine said...

I LOVE this!! Glad you are feeling better.!!