Friday, June 6, 2008

OH, No She Didn't ... OH, Yes She Did!

Pin It


Happy Friday boys and girls, and welcome to your weekend!

I think you know (you know) how much all of you mean to me ... and how much I rely on you for honest advice, friendship, and moral support. We're all just one big happy stampin' family, right? Well, one of you had better come down here right now and slap me or something ... 'cuz I can't stop using the Walnut Ink Resist technique!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who love this technique ... although I'm prolly the only stamper you know who can't stop using it. I think it has to do with the almost magical process of clear embossing ... and the added wonder of how the ink will react to it. I can't wait to get to my studio the next morning to see how the ink dried. Perhaps I need more than a slap, yes?!? LOL!

This time I used the technique with this kewl old stamp from Just for Fun. I love the primitive look of the stamped image and it goes so well with the grungy/grubby/shabby look created by this technique. If you don't know how already, or if just like reading my blog entries, you can check out my instructions, HERE, for the Walnut Ink Resist technique.

And I just discovered that this card qualifies for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" challenge! This week, Sharon's challenge called for creating a project using a bold, or silhouette, stamp. Well, lookie, here; finally, a challenge entry I created and posted in a reasonable time frame. Which was totally by accident as I made this card yesterday ... w-a-y before I saw Sharon's blog post!

To create the little tie around the bunch of herbs ... or ferns, I punched a small hole on either side of the "bunch" and tied some white waxed linen through and into a knot. I added a smidgen of fluid chalk ink to the ends of the thread so they looked grubby too ... it's important to make everything on a grubby/grungy piece grubby/grungy too. I think ...

The only other things worth mentioning are: I used a scrap of the walnut-inked card stock to punch a round file tab ... I stamped my sentiment with Versamark, embossed with white powder, and pierced some itty-bitty holes around the edge. Oh. And I dotted the holes with a Sharpie Paint Pen.

Tomorrow, I'll post up a photo of my newly fruited banana tree! See how the excitement just never ends?!?!? I don't know how I stand it ...

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy Friday with me ~ have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

Card Stock: Xerox 110#, Bazzill; Stamps: Herb Swag (I just made that up; I don't know it's name) by Just For Fun, Sentiment Stamp by Papertrey Ink; Ink: Versamark; Fluid Chalk Ink: Clearsnap; Walnut Ink: 7gypsies; Embossing Powder: Powder Keg; Sharpie Paint Pen; Fiber: Waxed Linen Thread by 7gypsies; Die Cut Machine by Provocraft; Dies by Spellbinder's; Punch by Stampin' Up!; Piercing Tool by Making Memories; My New-and-I'm-In-Love-Black-Hexagon Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share; Adhesive: ATG 714

13 comments:

Deb Wood said...

This is so gorgeous, I don't want to come slap you, but I'd love to come stamp with you!! LOL!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, keep em coming

Curt in Indy said...

Deb~ I jumped here to your blog from Julie Koerber's blog site (she has you linked) and I'm so glad I did! You are a hoot! I laughed right out loud when I read your latest post. I will visit often now. I love your humor and love your work! Best, Curt

Jamie Martin said...

Such a pretty card, love the layout and colors. Great job on the challenge :)

julie king said...

brown is one of my favorite colors and i love the drama of silhouette so you've stolen my heart with this beautiful card! i see you added your photo to your profile! i'm off to check out the rest of your cards that i've missed this week.

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous Deb...I am going to forward this to Paula since she is the queen of this ink (at least in my small stamping world!). She will love what you did here! Have a good weekend...love the new profile pic (you are less "pretend" now).

Angelnorth said...

Love the piercing detail in the corners here. gorgeous project - off to check out your walnut stain instructions!

Risa said...

Deb you are the queen of this Walnut Resist Technique!!! The finished project makes for a beautiful card!
malieta:)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Deb -- This card is over the top fabulous!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sort of *artifact* look it has and I LOVE your technique -- it looks so rich and leather-like -- I am soooooo NOT a technique person -- but I MUST check our your instructions!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sharon

Erica Bass said...

I think my favorite part of this card is how you put it on a stark white base. Your eye is immediately drawn to the image. Beautiful!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! I think you could use this technique everyday and I'd never get tired of it. How stunning! And what an original way to use the round tab punch. :0)

Tonniece said...

Oh this is gorgeous, I love it. Had a look at your tutorial on this technique also.
TFS

Chris said...

i never heard of this technique, but i love walnut ink so i think it's something i should def look into!!! super card!!! i am into prim things so i walnut ink everything in my damn house too!!!