Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boo to You ... A 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created in a New York minute using paint sample cards, a 1 1/4" circle punch, and the Cuttlebug "Boo to You" embossing folder.

I mounted the punched-out embossies on my card stock base using foam tape, then stamped my sentiment and voila! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 minutes!

For all the exciting product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, if you've been following along here you know that Sheila is a Sunday school teacher. Periodically, she invites me to "audit" her lessons; this past Sunday, her lesson was about sin and Satan.

As we were leaving, I overheard two of her kids having this conversation:

"So, Billy, what do you think about all this Satan stuff?" Johnny asked.

"Well, you remember Santa? This could turn out to be your Dad too." Billy responded.

Omigosh, Mr. Alicandro ... is Satan!?!

Thanks so much for swinging by; have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Other Paper Product: Paint Sample Cards in Rust, Black, Yellow Ochre, and Lime
  • Stamp: Sentiment by studio g
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Foam Dimensionals; 1 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up!
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
To purchase Stampin' Up! products online, clicky HERE

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb this is SOOOOO Creative!!! I LOVE LOVE how you used this embossing folder what a GREAT idea!! Girl this looks amazing, love your Halloween creation!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So creative Deb!! I just love the colors and all the dry embossing with the colors!!

I have blog candy up for my birthday if you are interested. Sorry I haven't been by for a little while. Life has been too crazy. I so missed your humor and creations!!

Karin said...

Love it! What a super fab idea and such a clean look! I can barely take the sheer genius of it. Well done you!

Karin said...

Love it! What a super fab idea and such a clean look! I can barely take the sheer genius of it. Well done you!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! How cool is this looks super!

purplestamper316 said...

Love it love it! Glad you're back in the game :) Missed your sense of humor & beautiful cards - no pressure absolutely :) heheheheh <><

Risa said...

I love the clean lines of your card Deb! Very cute!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

i love a good quickie!! LOL great card...>"<

Sharli said...

Wow Deb! What a great idea!!! Wish I'd have thought of that - but I will brazenly steal this one and use it! Your card is adorable! Great Sheila story too! ;-)

Maria Matter said...

oh, I'm so glad your brilliance has returned to us! lol
Love this card and idea! It's soooo CASEable!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! This is really cool! The paint chips almost look like plastic. I thought they were some kind of cool buttons and was wondering where you got them.

Elena said...

Fun Halloween card! I love these embossed circles! Wow! I would never think those were paint samples! So clever!

Brenda said...

I love this Deb!! Very well done and simply fabulous!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Gosh it's good to see you back posting! Love this card! I have this folder but have never used it! Now I have the inspiration! These look like buttons. I love this! Glad you are back! Best, Curt

Diane Burns said...

Deb thank you for commenting on my Top Note box. Had to check out your blog. Found this delightful card and had to let you know I have had that cuttlebug folder for 2 years and have yet to use it. Now I have inspiration for next year! Thanks!