Monday, October 12, 2009

What Width?

Pin It


Happy Monday, Campers ... hope your weekend was wonderful! Or, if your workplace is closed today for Columbus Day, I hope it's still wonderful!

Today's card project was created using the Cuttlebug "Autumn Type" embossing folder and rubber stamps from Stampin' Up's retired "Seasonal Whimsy" stamp set.

I stamped my focal image and the individual leaves using SU's "Dusty Durango" dye ink on SU card stock. I embossed the background card stock, cut my stamped images out, triple-matted the focal image, added some grosgrain ribbon, popped the leaves up on dimensionals, and finis! So easy even I could do it!

For the rest of the mind-boggling product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooo, this weekend, Sheila and I went shopping at Jerry's Art-A-Rama, a very cool art supply store. I wanted to pick up a couple of yards of artists' canvas, Sheila wanted ... hmmmm, what did Sheila want?

In case you didn't know, artists' canvas comes in two widths: 36 inches or 48 inches. I only mention it 'cuz ... it helps if you know this.

Anyway, I finally managed to find a store employee and asked her to cut me two yards.

"Certainly. What width?" she asked.

Before I could answer, Sheila piped up sarcastically, "Duh. SCISSORS!"

Okay, she's stayin' home next time ...

Thanks so much for swingin' by today!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Seasonal Whimsy" Stamp Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Dusty Durango" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: 3/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Autumn Type" Embossing Folder; Perfect Layers Tool by Stampin' Up; Craft Knife; Foam Dimensionals by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

15 comments:

eva said...

Very romantic!

Tina said...

This is positively lovely! I love that embossed background!

knitwit said...

Oh, I love this! Fall is my favourite time of year. Which is why I was so annoyed to wake up this morning to find snow on the ground...

LeAnne said...

Wow, I love this....just saw another card using this stamp and I had forgotten how cool & breezy & fun it was! Glad to see it used with this EF, too, fun!!

Brenda said...

Fab card Deb!! What a great and funny story, you must have a blast shopping together.

SmilynStef said...

Love the falling leaves down the side ... beautiful card.

Ann said...

LOVE this! So perfectly fall!

Sharli said...

Wonderful fall card, Deb! My favorite colors and time of year!

Sheila - oh boy - how embarassing! LOL

Risa said...

That Sheila is one funny lady! How do you stand it?! *lol*
Your card is beautiful Deb! The color combo and detailing are fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

Janine said...

I love that CB'ed background Deb...

Elena said...

This card is so gorgeous! I really love your idea with the leaves!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a fabulous card!
hugs
kim x

The Rubber Maid said...

Great autumn card. Pat

Chris said...

very cute!!

Curt in Carmel said...

I'm drinking coffee tonight as I blog hop, and I should know better than to drink while reading your blog. Bout spit coffee reading your Sheila story! OMG that was funny! I also love this card! I especially love the multiple color matting you did! Looks great! Don't forget to jump over to my blog! I have candy and don't want you to miss the chance! Best, Curt