Monday, October 19, 2009

Try It; It Really Works!

Pin It


Happy Monday, boy and girls!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Ways to Use It" challenge, WT240, "Autumn Leaves."

For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the WT240 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my sentiment, from Stampin' Up's "Falling Leaves" stamp set on SU card stock, then die-cut a frame from Stampin' Up designer paper. I added two velvet leaves in fall colors and a knotted length of twine and mounted them in the center of the frame.

I ran some "Pumpkin Pie" card stock through the 'Bug in the "Distressed Stripes" embossing folder, then adhered it to my card base. I added some Stampin' Dimensionals to the embellished frame and adhered it to the embossed card stock. So easy, even I could do it!

Soooooooooooo this weekend, Sheila and I and the DH's went to a mutual friend's dinner party. As all of us girls were hanging around the kitchen, the subject somehow turned to marriage counseling.

"Oh, we'll never need that! Ken and I have a great relationship," Shelia explained. "He was a communications major in college and I majored in theater arts. He communicates really well and I just act like I'm listening. Try it; it really works!"

Thanks for swinging by and have a great week!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip," "Pumpkin Pie," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Falling Leaves" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Velvet Leaves; Brown Twine
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Distressed Stripes" A2 Embossing Folder; Spellbinders Frame Die; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up; SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

26 comments:

eva said...

Oh, how beautiful!

Crystal said...

WOW Deb this is beautiful, I LOVE your design with these leaves!!!!

Tina said...

Whoa, your card is so beautiful! Those leaves really are stunning.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card I love the layers and colors. TFS

XUE said...

Very, very pretty!

Stampin' Pam said...

Hi Deb,
You do beautiful work - truly - I noticed that you were not aware of the Just Us Girls challenge site - we are new - this is only week 3 but we've cooked up some fun and different challenges. I'm an avid Stamp TV girl and followed your guest designing for Theresa Momber - I think you'd have fun with us so please check us out - justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Pam

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
Lovin' these fall cards you've been making with the different leaf motif!1

They're all so beautiful!!
Blessings, Maria

Chris said...

this is fabulous! love the frame!

Sharli said...

Love the frame, love the leaves, love the textured pumpkin color background, I LOVE this card!

Love the Sheila story too, Deb! You are so funny!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the whole look of it. You said velvet leaves. I was wondering where I might find some, like at Michael?

Allison said...

Such a beateous card Deb...love the rich tones here!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Deb!! I love your rich tones, the shape and the layout!! Gorgeous fall card!!

knitwit said...

Amazing card! The marriage advice is good too!!

Elena said...

Oh, Deb! This card is so beautiful! Love these fall leaves!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Deb! The rich colors are awesome and the leaves are the coolest!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, I'm in love with this card! Gorgeous!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is really a gorgeous card! I love the colors and those velvet leaves are perfect with that twine! Very beautiful! Love it! Best, Curt

Vicki C said...

Gorgeous card Deb!

The Rubber Maid said...

I'm also loving your leaves and the frame work and well all of it. Very nice! Pat

Elena said...

Hello Deb,
just stopped by to say you Hello!
Hope everything is fine with you!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful fall card Deb! I love the leaves and orange colors - hope you are ok - looks like you haven't posted lately!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Curt in Carmel said...

Just stoppin by cause I miss ya! Hope you are OK! Best, Curt

chelemom said...

LOVE this gorgeous fall card!!!! And LOL on the marriage advice!!!

Risa said...

Hello Deb,
Just dropping in to say hello and I hope that all is well!
Big Hugs
Risa:)

Curt in Carmel said...

Back again to say I miss you! Hope you are well! Best, Curt