Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It Was, Wasn't It?

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created using a sketch from Clean & Simple's "Fall-to Layout," FTL63, and stamps from Stampin' Up's new "Falling Leaves" stamp set. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To see the rest of this gorgeous stamp set, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right on the photo.

I stamped my background panel with Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Almost Artichoke, and Crushed Curry dye inks, mounted the panel on Dusty Durango card stock, and adhered it to my card base.

I stamped the sentiment in Dusty Durango dye ink, added a Stampin' Up Filigree Designer Brad, and mounted it on my card base using foam dimensionals. Clean and simple and ... fast!

So, yesterday Sheila and I took a ride out west to visit a mutual friend. Sue lives w-a-y out in the boondocks ... much more boondocky than where we live.

Sheila drove and insisted on taking a "short-cut." I find that Sheila's "short-cuts" are notoriously NOT short but she grew up out here so it's hard to argue with her.

On one dirt road, we saw a "Bridge Out" sign.

"Better turn around." I advised.

"Oh, no, I was out here last week, the bridge isn't out." Sheila countered.

We continued on but a few miles later, we came to a stop: the road was completely barricaded.

Sighing heavily, Sheila turned around and retraced the route. That's when we saw this sign on the back of the first: "It was, wasn't it?"

Thanks for swinging by ... have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Falling Leaves" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Filigree Designer Brads by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

10 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb this is beautiful, love the white with the leaves...A perfect clean and crisp card!!!!

Risa said...

Your card is a stunner Deb! I LOVE the clean lines and beautiful Fall colors! So Yummy!
hugs
Risa:)

redwasher1 said...

I love this cas card it's gorgeous!!

Brenda said...

Very nice card Deb!!

Theresa Momber said...

ROFL! That is too funny! Love your card, Deb.

Curt in Carmel said...

Very pretty Fall card Deb! The colors are bright and wonderfully Fallish! Love the layout too! Best, Curt

Sharli said...

Deb,
Love the card - the colors are good and the lines are clean! Very nice!

The Sheila story is hilarious! I SO enjoy your stories! Thank you!

Elena said...

Very pretty fall card! Love the leaves colors!

Natasha said...

I love it! Fantastic colours!

Chris said...

super cute card! love that leaf stamp!! only in the south do you write on the backs of signs...LOL!!