Friday, October 16, 2009

Delightfully Red Decorations ...

Pin It


Happy Friday, Stampers!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Was To Use It" challenge, WT235, "Revved Up for Red."

For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the WT235 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my ornaments, from Stampin' Up's new "Delightful Decorations" stamp set, punched them out with the matching "Ornament" punch, and mounted them on my card base using foam dimensionals. The sentiment, from Stampin' Up's "Sincere Salutations" stamp set was stamped using SU's retired "Riding Hood Red" dye ink.

Soooooo, the other day I was hangin' out at Sheila's when Reid-the-Wild-Child arrived home from school. Sitting at the counter eating his after school snack, Reid held up his middle finger and asked us what it meant.

Sheila was so shocked that the best she could manage was, "Shame on you," followed by, "If anyone does that to you, just say, 'Shame on you' to that person."

Last night, Sheila invited the DH and I over for some of her world class ribs and while we were at the dinner table, Sheila's DH, Ken, let out a huge ... ummm ... belch. Sheila blushed and immediately scolded him saying, "Shame on you."

Reid-the-Wild-Child turned to his Dad, held up his middle finger, and exclaimed, "Don't worry, Mommy, I'll give Daddy the 'shame on you' sign!"

Thanks for swinging by and have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Riding Hood Red" and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: BasicGrey
  • Stamps: "Delightful Decorations" and "Sincere Salutations" Stamp Sets by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Gold Cord; Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Ornament Punch by Stampin' Up; Key Tag Punch by Stampin' Up; 1/16" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Star-Shaped Punch; Foam Dimensionals; SNAIL Tape Runner; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
To purchase Stampin' Up! products, click HERE.

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE LOVE what you did with this set!!! Gorgeous!

eva said...

I liked everything and the color and composition

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Deb! I love these ornaments!

Sharli said...

I love the color, love the card, and did you say there is a matching punch to just pop these babies out like *that*?!?!?!

Wow.

Great Sheila story. Oh my.

Risa said...

Talk about a "wow" moment! Your card is beautiful Deb! Such a beautiful shade of red and beautiful image!
hugs
Risa:)

knitwit said...

The card is gorgeous! Love it! My kid got off the schoolbus recently and informed me there was a "bad finger" and he wasn't allowed to show me which one!

redwasher1 said...

I just love this!!! Gorgeous!!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, beautifully done! As red as Sheila's face, right?

Chris said...

very pretty! love the ornaments and the red!! i give everyone the shame on you finger...daily!

Maria Matter said...

stunning!!!

Just a great clean look...love it!!! I gotta get that set & punch!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Theresa Momber said...

ROFL! May have to try that "shame on you" finger wave on the DH!

Curt in Carmel said...

Totally laughed out loud with the Sheila story! OMG that was funny! Love this card! The pinks and reds together are perfect! Best, Curt