TGIF hoarding card-makers and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, the fabulous Deb Saaranen is in the driver's seat and Deb's challenge is to create a card or other paper project using the "Cracked Glass" technique. This technique works particularly well on vintage or wintry creations, but feel free to use it in any way that strikes your fancy.
If you've never done the technique ... or need a quick refresher, click HERE for a terrific tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. If you prefer, there's also a video tutorial available on the very same page.
I stamped my vintage image on a spectrum-style paint sample card:
My card contains all of the requisite "vintage" elements: an image of a vintage child, the color brown, something that dangles, the color brown, a collage image, the color brown, walnut ink stained fabric, the color brown, and grungy/antiqued/brown patterned paper over-stamped with text using second-generation brown Distress ink.
To play along in this week's challenge ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a card or other paper project using the Cracked Glass technique. Then, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery and visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime157" so that we can find your project.
Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulously cracked projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Janine Orchard: 2 B Krafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover. (Barb is not feeling well and is sitting out this week ... feel better, Barb!); and our fabulous Guest Designer for September,
Chrissie Stokes: Simply One of a Kind.
If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions, HERE.
We can't wait to see your amazing "Cracked Glass" project!
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Card Stock: All Card Stock (Brown) by Stampin' Up!
- Designer Paper: "Antique Light" (Brown) by Pebbles 'Real Life'
- Other Paper: Gradient Paint Sample Card
- Stamps: Collage Style Tag Stamp by Tuscan Rose; Vintage Girl Stamp, Unknown (Unmounted); "Definition" BG Stamp by Stampin' Up!
- Ink: Versamark Watermark/Embossing Ink; "Timber Brown" Solvent Ink by Tsukineko; "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
- Accessories: Melt Art "Clear" UTEE; Vintage Seam Binding Tape; Double-Ended Swivel; Walnut Ink Stained Seam Binding Tape
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Labels Die by Spellbinders; Corner Chomper by WRMK'ers; 1/16" Circle Punch; Small Tag Punch; Heat Gun; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)