TGIF hoarding card-makers and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, Sharon has challenged us to create The. Dreaded. Man. Card. This week, let's come up with some great 'guy-cards' ... for any reason: birthday, thank you, get well, thinking of you, etc. Just make a card that is more suited to sending to the guys in our lives. Uh, oh, one teensy-tiny stipulation: NO BOWS! You may use ribbon or string ... but only in a "manly" fashion.
Here's my take on a bow-free, stringy masculine card:
You might not be able to tell from my photo, but I stamped my beloved fern background stamp using watermark ink, then embossed with 'Topiary' embossing powder.
To play along in this week's challenge ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a masculine card following the ribbon-or-string-but-no-bows guidelines. Then, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery and visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime156" so that we can find your project.
Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulously manly projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon, Our Fearless Leader: No Time To Stamp?;
AJ: The Willow Garden;
Barb: Explore. Dream. Discover.;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Deb: Dream in Color;
Janine: 2BKrafty; and,
Jenny: One Krafty Kat.
We can't wait to see your manly creations!
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Card Stock: All Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
- Stamps: Fern Background Stamp by Peddler's Pack; Sentiment from "Sincere Salutations" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
- Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink for Embossing; Sentiment Stamped with "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
- Accessories: Hemp Jewelry Cord by Elements; 'Topiary' Embossing Powder by Stamp-N-Stuff
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Oval Die by Spellbinders; Heat Gun; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Side-Folded)