Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Have a Witchy Halloween ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, hampers ... hope you're enjoying a fabulous Wednesday!

Since I'm currently trying to earn a l'il money, as opposed to just spendin' it, I'm still making ... and selling ... altered paper bag albums. Since I've been a l'il lax in the card-making department of late, I thought I'd share my latest album with you.

That big, brown thing in the top photo is the front cover. And,

this ^ spread is pages two and three. Check out the bottled "Swamp Fog" ... carefully collected for you from the greatest of all living swamps, the Florida Everglades. I've also bottled up some "Bat Skeletons" and a goodly collection of nicely-yellowed "Vampire Fangs" ... just for you. And that's a real, working monocle you see on the left ... tucked in with those original prescriptions from the 1930's.

Have you noticed that I have a pile of the weirdest. things. ever?!? Moving onward,

this ^ spread is pages four and five; and,

this ^ spread is pages six and seven ... notice the v-e-r-y old (1920's) photos of authentic, haunted houses. No, really! Would I kid you?!? Which brings us to

this ^ spread ... pages eight and nine; and, finally

this ^ spread ... pages ten and eleven. Check out that rare photo, circa 1918, capturing the images of members of one of the largest Covens of Witches in Boston. True story!

This was such a fun album to create ... for one of my most favorite holidays! Hope you enjoyed looking at my photos. And if you're a true glutton for punishment, you can click on the photos for the ginormous view.

This album is currently up for auction on eBay, so if you're interested in seeing tons more photos of this album ... including lots of detail shots ... and a close-up of that precious commodity, Swamp Fog, clicky HERE. Honestly, it's worth the trip just to see my super-cool Halloween auction template. TIP: When you get to my auction, mouse-over the header photo. And turn your speakers on ... isn't that super-spooooooky!?!

Since I really love this album, I won't be too sorry if it doesn't sell. BUT, if it does sell, I'd rather see this go live with you. So, if you're interested in purchasing this OOAK, altered art Halloween album chock full of original, vintage ephemera, simply contact me directly. And despite what my eBay listing says, I will ship internationally. The only caveat is you'll need to make arrangements through me. You can shoot me an email by clicking HERE.

I'll be back on Friday with yet another exciting Stamp Simply challenge ... 'til then, stay safe and keep smiling!

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!

~Hugs,

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

This book looks like it is super fun! Hope all is well with you.

Brandi said...

This is the coolest album I have ever come across. All of those details must have taken forever! I absolutely love Halloween and spooky things, so this is up my alley! Thanks for sharing!
Brandi

Rosemary said...

I do love the rich detailing and all the added goodies you put into your albums. They certainly are a long way from their humble origins with paper bags!

Hope all is well, I put some questions in comments on your other album...

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Deb, how fun is this!!! Fabulous job...as always!

now that ya mentioned it, you're stash of 'weird' stuff must be quite extensive! lol
big Hugs & Blessings!

purplestamper316 said...

*boo*-dacious! <3

knitwit said...

Another amazing album. I wish I had your talent!
I love halloween too. I currently have close to 50 home-grown pumpkins sitting outside my front door waiting to be brought inside. That's a lot of jack-o-lanterns...and pumpkin pie!
Have a great Wednesday!!

Tina said...

Amazing! Loving all the outstanding details.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Deb this is truly a wonderful creation, your attention to detail is amazing and to have both vintage and history combined makes my heart flutter as both these topics are very appealing to me. I will have to save a few pennies myself as I would love to be a proud owner of one of these.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharli said...

OMG Deb, this album is to DIE FOR!!!! Ooooooooo.
LOVE the details - it's over the top!
Let the mojo flow, girlfriend!!!

Elena said...

This album looks great! I love the little bottles as embellishment! Each page is so much much fun! Love all the details and all your work you put in it!

redwasher1 said...

Your talent is amazing!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

wow! this is amazing!! what a fabulous album! love the old photos...