Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The 60's Called; They Want Their Peace Sign Back ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, hoarding card-makers ... hope you're having a great day!

Today's card project was created for the "Signs of Peace Challenge" in the Moxie Fab World. For all of the peaceful yet challenging deets, clicky HERE ... and there's still lots of time for you to join in!

Here's my take on the challenge:

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the mind-blowin' product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooo, yesterday Sheila, her crazy sister, Jill, and I decided to do a l'il mall shopping. Because she never offers, Sheila insisted that Jill drive ... in her car.

"Ya know, and pay for the gas this time?" Sheila explained.

So off we go to the Wellington mall, Jill at the wheel, driving her very own car, using her very own gas ... a major coup! Our first stop, though, was a self-service gas station because Jill "forgot" to get gas.

We waited in the car while Jill filled the tank. After filling up, we were off once again.

"Hmmmm ..., I wonder?" Jill mused aloud.

"You wonder what, Einstein?" Sheila asked.

"I'm not sure if I put the gas cap back on the car ... I know I took it off."

"Well, of course you took it off you yo-yo, otherwise you wouldn't have had to pay for the gas you didn't put in the tank."

"Are you trying to confuse me?" Jill asked.

"Well, that's no challenge. Look, just pull over and get out of the car and check to see if you've got your gas cap." Sheila said.

Sure enough, Jill had forgotten to put the gas cap back on ... she was capless!

"Now what do I do?" Jill whined.

So off we go back to the gas station to see if she left the cap there. She hadn't.

"Well, it must have fallen off your car. So, park the car and you can start walking back down the road to look for it." Sheila said. "Deb and I will look on this side of the road."

Since we were in no rush to play in traffic, we were just climbing out of the car when we saw Jill running back, gas cap in hand.

"I found it, I found it! Yippee, I found it!" Jill enthused as she skipped around to the back of the car and put the gas cap back on. We all climbed back into the car and off we went ... again.

"You know, you're awfully lucky to have found your gas cap so quickly." I commented.

"Oh, no, that wasn't my gas cap ... this one was much better." Jill replied.

"Really? How is it 'better?'" Sheila asked.

"It's better 'cuz this one locks!"

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Various, Most by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Stamps of Life; Peace Sign by Rubber Stampede
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Bakery Twine; DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: 1/16", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" Circle Punches; Corner Rounder Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up!
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Side-Folded)

48 comments:

Ann said...

Super fun card, Deb! Makes me smile! :)

Kristen said...

This is a great card! very cool, and groovy at the same time. I love how fun this is, and your post title is great! Thank you for playing with us at KWED again, and I hope to see you again soon! Come back next week for our primary colors/kid's card challenge. I am giving away the challenge, but it will be up in an hour and a half anyway!
Have a great night!!!

Karen B. said...

Love it! Love your interpretation of the peace signs. So innovative and creative!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

What a groovy card! :) Thanks for playing at the SCIC!

Velta said...

You crazy Deb...you always make me laugh when you are talking about your friend.... At any rate Your card it another inspiration...too cute and thanks for sharing...not only your friend's comments, but your artwork as well :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great way to use the peace signs!

judie said...

what a fun card - love it so much, proper 60s lol, well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Erica said...

Oh that wacky Jill...
I'm a child of the 60s and I wore peace sign earrings almost everyday for a year. Love the colors you've used. It's gonna be fun watching designers explore and re-capture some of that free-love, ahemm, Mary Jane time.

Jaqi said...

What a fab colourful card , its great, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment its much appriciated

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, the adventures of Jill are too much!!!

I love the card, it does have that 60's vibe (I can almost hear Dad saying - darn hippies - from the great beyond) and lots of fun color and a nice sentiment. As always, a beautiful Deb original! Love 'em!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, try to stay cool!

Hugs from MD!

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this looks so cool, groovy! So glad you came to play at KWED! ~Diane

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how creative Deb!! I just love all the colors against the white!!

Karen said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops BEst.
xx

KymKreates said...

Your project is just awe-inspiring! Take me back in time. Thank you for getting Punched and or Cut up with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Judy said...

Very cute card. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Monika Reeck said...

Totally adorable....sweet colors...nice using punch or die cuts too...Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.Hugs, Monika

Heather said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHA~~~ That is such a fun story. I know you all had a blast together! I have to admit, I did the very same thing when I was about 17. I drove off with it on the trunk of my car. It was DARK and I was ALONE and it was not so wonderful. My gas hand was all flinging around .. I had to go stumbling about the highway praying noone would stop and finally found that thing! lol!!!

Thanks for sharing your story ... and this AWESOME CARD!!! My daughter is TOTALLY into peace signs for some reason ... so I cant wait to show her this card! :D

Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges. Hope to see you at our Blog Hop bash full of surprises tomorrow!!!

Heather Dennis

Sharli said...

Deb, first let me say that Jill is indeed insane. Secondly, I know she's real because no-one could make this stuff up!!

Most importantly - your card is fabulous! I just love the bright peace balloons! They're perfect and made me smile! I'm actually glad that this "generation" revived them.

Hugs!

Sue said...

Hi Deb
great card, fab layout,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Crystal said...

Deb girl this is one FABULOUS card I LOVE LOVE this design and those cool peace cards!!!

Danni said...

What a fun card! This brought a smile to my face for sure!

Chris said...

too funny, please let us know when she figures out that she can't get it off...lollo

cute card, love the colorful balloons with the peace signs!! very cool!!

Allison said...

Super duper fun lady...a neat take on the challenge!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

p.s. I enjoyed your story
Tracy x

aussiescrapper said...

Loved my Sheila antic today and wow just love love that gorgeous card, the peace sign on the different colours mimics like balloons just love it, you are too clever, you have once again brought a smile to this face. Love you Deb, Melxxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cool card - and a great choice of film for our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Tammy said...

You crack me up! Thanks for stopping by my blog! This is an awesome take I would say!!!!

Jana said...

Far out card, man. LOVE the colorful peace balloons. I love your stories. This one is hilarious. Thanks for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

knitwit said...

I just had myself a nice, long catch-up on your last week of posts. It's time to do something drastic to keep myself from getting so behind. But it's a tough decision. Which kid to give away...
LOVE this card. It's the old barefoot hippie in me!

ediesintheattic said...

Deb, as always , a very fun and beautifully created card! Bravo!

Davi said...

How fun is this card Deb!!! I love those peace signs on the ballons. Takes me back to my crazy hippie days. LOL

Chat Noir said...

Love those peace symbols and the colours... I think I've got a faded t-shirt just like this, in my painting clothes drawer!! I once left off my petrol-cap and the attendant found it but I'd driven off. He brought it round the next day so I had to own up. I re-met him years later and he remembered me... I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

Charlene said...

Love it...and oh the memories. I wasn't a flower child more of a conformer but remember that symbol. Perfectly CAS,

Josephine said...

Such a good card for anyone needing a 'lift'. Lovely.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Tina said...

So eye catching and groovy!

Craftyanny said...

thanks for playing along with Totally Papercratfs this week.
Your card is fabulous, such a sweetie
Anne x

Glenda said...

How cute is this! Love your bright colours.

Electra said...

OMGosh, can't stop laughing! gasp!
That story is TOO funny. Great card too!

Alison said...

WHt cool card! I love it! Peace signs are under-utilized! Thank you so much for playiong along with Friends Having Fun!

Stacy Walker said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

Jo Davies said...

Hi Deb another lovely card, so bright & funky! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - punches challenge this week. Jo x

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Sharon Caudle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! Awesome! thanks so much for joining us at PTW!
hugs!
Sharon

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week in our Generic challenge - great to see your fun project! Cheers Claire x

clouds shadler said...

beautiful, a winner for sure! so creative! :)

C

Cath said...

Hey Deb! Thanks for entering the Signs of Peace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your signs of peace win, thinking of you and MISS YOU!!!!