TGIF hoarding card-makers and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
This week, our challenge is brought to us by team member Barbara Anders. Barbara is challenging everyone to create a one-layer card. That means only the card base ... not the card base + one other layer ... NO layers allowed.
Embellish your card however you'd like ... ribbon, buttons, bling, scoring, anything goes but no layers! C'mon, give it a try: OLC's are fast and fun!
Here's my one-layer card:
I used a Nestabilities die to create a debossed frame in the card stock, then stamped my image inside the frame using Versamark embossing ink. I heat embossed the focal image using black embossing powder, stamped my sentiment, and tied a satin ribbon around the front of the card and into a bow. Quick and easy!
To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a one-layer card, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime151" so that we can find your project.
Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
AJ: The Willow Garden;
Barb: Explore. Dream. Discover.;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Deb: Dream in Color;
Janine: 2 B Krafty;
Jenny: One Krafty Kat; and, our fabulous Guest Designer for August,
Charlene: Paper and Ink Playground.
If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions HERE.
We can't wait to see your one-layer card!
Sooooooooooo yesterday, Sheila and I took a trip to Michaels to oohhhhh and ahhhhh over stamps, and punches, and patterned paper. You know, the usual attractions.
As we wandered aimlessly around the store, Sheila spotted a familiar face. Being the one-woman Welcome Wagon that she is, Sheila dragged me over to say hello.
"You look like Helen Brown!" Sheila exclaimed.
"Well," the woman snapped back, "you don't look so great in blue, either!"
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Cute Card Thursday: Whateva
- Dutch Dare: Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts: Anything Goes
- Meljen's Designs: Clean and Simple
- Pals Paper Arts: Masculine KISS
- Papertake Weekly: White and Bright
- Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: Anything Goes
- Practical Scrappers: Just One Embellishment (Ribbon)
- Really Reasonable Ribbon: Black and White / Ribbon
- Sparkle Creations: Favorite Embellishment (Ribbon)
- Stamp n' Doodle: Birthday Card
- Tuesday Taggers: Lots of Lovely Black
- Your Next Stamp: Birthday
- Wild Flower Wednesday: Embossing (Heat Embossing)
- Card Stock: White Card Stock by PTI
- Stamps: "Floral Tile" Stamp by Stampendous; Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink; "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
- Accessories: Black Satin Ribbon; Super-Fine Detail Embossing Powder by Ranger
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die by Spellbinders; Heat Gun
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)