Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CASE'ing the CAS-tastic Design Team ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, hampers ... and welcome to another fantastic CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge!

This week, we're challenging you to CASE a CAS-tastic Wednesday Design Team member. Simply create a project inspired by one of the Design Team members' cards. You can find links to each blog below or you can see all of the cards in one place by visiting the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, located HERE.

Here's the card I created for you to CASE ... should you decide you'd like to:

This card is super-simple to recreate ... and don't feel that you have to duplicate the handmade vintage dressmaker's tissue pattern paper flower. Say that 5 times fast ...

Feel free to use any type or kind of flower; the choice is yours. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Upload your completed project to your blog or online gallery and link your post to the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, located HERE, by 9:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, August 10, 2010. Please mention that you're playing in the CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge on your blog post. One random winner will win his or her choice of four fabulous images and a package of handmade buttons (15 buttons in assorted colors), from this week's fantastic CAS-tastic sponsor, "Jane's Doodle for Squigglefly."

Be sure to submit your link to the "Simply Linked" widget on the CAS-tastic Wednesday blog. If you upload your project to an online gallery such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please be sure to use Keyword: CWC015.

Choose your Design Team member to CASE from this list:

Agata: Under Construction;

Angie: Angie Cortes Designs;

Deb: Paper, Ink, Scissors, & Stamps (You Are Here!)

Karen: The Bald Dragonfly;

Maylee: Maylee's Creative Corner; and,

Regina: Regina's Scrap Creations.

We can't wait to find out who you're CASE'ing and see your clean and simple "CASE-a-Design-Team-Member" card!

As always, thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Crumb Cake" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Patterned Paper: Digital File, Unknown
  • Other Paper: Vintage Dressmaker's Pattern Paper
  • Stamps: Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Pebble Brad by Making Memories; Twill Tape by Stampin' Up!
  • Tools: Corner Rounder Punch by Stampin' Up!; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

50 comments:

Charlene said...

Great CAS card to Case, Deb. I think I can actually get this one done today. Your flower is just beautiful!

How in the world do you find all those challenges...takes alot of time but you sure are good at it.

Karen B. said...

Wow, wow. Simply amazing. Your flower is gorgeous! I had some made up and haven't used them-maybe they are too small to appreciate the tissue? I don't know but they didn't look like this fantastic one. Great color scheme too!

Michele said...

This is gorgeous! Love the tissue paper flower!!

Brandi said...

I love that flower you created and the sentiment! I have a confession, on almost every card I make I put one of those sentiments from the PTI stamp set on them! I can't help myself!

Crystal said...

Deb this is sooooooo gorgeous sweetie...I LOVE LOVE that flower girl stunning!!!!! LOVE the center and the kraft is wonderful! You rock lady!

knitwit said...

So simple and elegant--my kind of card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Deb - so happy with the challenge today - I have wanted to make one of these tissue flowers FOREVAH! Thanks for a great card to CASE~~

Maylee said...

So beautiful Deb! I will have to try out that tissue flower!

Abby said...

Wow Deb, I love this! Especially that tissue flower - beautiful! Thanks for joining the PTT party! :)

Jac said...

Beautiful card, very elegant, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Digi Designs

Tina said...

What a stunner Deb!

Chris said...

cute, i love your flower!!

Danni said...

Oh Deb! How beautiful!

Stephanie said...

wonderful, love it! Thanks for playing at Treehouse Stamps!

Debbie said...

So CAS and oh so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Roberta Laliberte said...

Very pretty flower! love the button center.

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays this week!

xoxoox

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful clean card, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments Digi Challenge Blog - 2 embellishments this week! Hugs Jo x

Glenda said...

Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge Deb! I absolutely love it! Great work... so great I cased it for the CAS-tastic challenge...
http://papersscissorsrocks.blogspot.com/2010/08/duo-of-trios.html

Jill said...

WOW! It is always such a treat to visit your blog! You have such cardmaking style! Love this bold handmade flower and awesome color scheme! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!!! HUGS from AZ! :)

Paige said...

love the flower! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Great color combo and wonderful flower! Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week. Stop by my blog and enter to win candy! :)

PapierGirl said...

OMG....I absolutely love your flower and the color combination is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Nancy said...

WOW...what an amazing creation!! I love the flower! Thanks for partying with us at Party Time Tuesdays this week!

redwasher1 said...

Deb I love that flower!! Beautiful card!!

Ginny said...

cool card, thanks for joining us at f'n'f

Agata said...

Amazing flower and a very beautiful card!

sari said...

what a gorgoeus card! Love the bright flower!

Aimes said...

WOW that flower is simply gorgeous - I love your CAS design!
Thanks so much for playing with us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,love your beautiful flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
xx

Margreet said...

great card with that beautiful flower......thanks for joining FFF
xxx Margreet

Viv said...

Oh yes! This is going to be cased with bells on!! It's so clean and simple. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with us at Fairy Fun Fridays. Good luck! Viv xx

Dianna said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for coming to the party at PTT this week!

Joni Parker said...

Great card...love that flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge!!

Anesha said...

Great card, love the flower. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Debbie said...

Hi Deb, what a gorgeous card and really adore your flower. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad challenge. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Sally Atkins said...

I love, love this card, Deb! The flower is stunning and I love the dotty brad! I chose your card to CASE (it's on my blog) but the flower I decided to make is a direct CASE of a beautiful idea from someone else so I haven't actually used my card to enter the challenge. I'll do another one! x

Lesley said...

Lovely card, beautiful flower! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Pat said...

Lovely card, gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Ann English said...

Always love seeing what you are up to, Deb. Another gorgeous creation!

Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

made by fifi said...

fab flower - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Crafteezee said...

That is one fabulous Bloom! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have some candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Deb,

What a sweet card, I think I just might have to case is too.

Hugs,
Carol x

Elena said...

Fabulous card! Really like the flower you made! Looks amazing!

Jo said...

Simple and elegant. I love it.

Thank you for joining in over at the Stamp Man xx

annieambriel said...

Simply beautiful. I love the color on kraft.. The bloom is just gorgeous :)
Thank you for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful CAS design this is! I am a huge fan of kraft cardstock and love it as your base with the pop of the colors. Your dress-maker pattern flower is fabulous and I love that PTI sentiment stamp. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Theresa said...

What a beautiful card. I have attempted to case your card...love the flower and use of kraft CS. Had to use another CS since I did not have any kraft at the moment.

Emma H said...

Beautiful card, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your Cards shout out for this stunning card :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning Deb!! I so love the dimension and that flower.Thanks for joining the Stamp and Create flower challenge this month.