TGIF hoarding card-makers and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!
Pleated ribbon seems to be all the rage of late, so today Sharon is challenging us to make creations with pleated ribbon. You may use purchased pleated ribbon or you may pleat your own by hand or on a sewing machine or with tape. Whatever you can dream up -- show us some fun pleats! And for the purpose of this challenge, we will equate 'gathers' to pleats -- either/or is fine!
For those of you who'd like a l'il guidance, click HERE for a simple pleat mini-tutorial by Michelle Woerner.
Since Hallowe'en is just around the corner, and since I send out dozens of Hallowe'en cards, I decided to create a Hallowe'en card. This card is a CASE of a project featured in last year's Holiday Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up:
TIP: I created the 'cemetery' background using a jumbo wheel stamp from Stampin' Up ... but I don't own a jumbo wheel handle. So, should you fall in love with a jumbo wheel stamp but don't want to invest in a handle and several ink cartridges, do like I do: Unmount the stamp from the wheel, and remount it on your preferred mounting system, (I use Original HALOS or cling-foam).
The biggest benefit to un-mounting your wheeled stamps is that you can stamp your image(s) in any color ink you have in your collection. And they store perfectly in a Clear-Mount Stamp Case by Stampin' Up. Give it a try!
To play along in this week's challenge ... and we hope you do! ... simply embellish your paper creation with pleated ribbon, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime153" so that we can find your project.
Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous "pleated" projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:
Sharon, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
AJ: The Willow Garden;
Barb: Explore. Dream. Discover.;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Deb: Dream in Color;
Janine: 2 B Krafty;
Jenny: One Krafty Kat; and our talented Guest Designer for August,
Charlene: Paper and Ink Playground.
If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions, HERE.
We can't wait to see your pleated ribbon creation!
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... have a fabulous weekend!
My Card Also Qualifies for These Challenges:
- Aud Sentiments: Anything Goes
- Charisma Cards: Die-Cuts (Labels One Die)
- Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes
- Just Scraps: Open House
- Kaboodle Doodles: Add a Little Metal (Typewriter Key Word)
- Paper Romance: Metal Heads (Metal Typewriter Key Word)
- Papertake Weekly: Sketch
- Sentimental Sundays: Ribbon or Lace
- Simple Doodles: Let's Celebrate (Hallowe'en)
- Stampin' B's: Die Cut: Labels One Die/Circle: Typewriter Key-Style Word/Flower: In Cemetery ... I Think)
- Stamping Vacation, Clear As Mud Challenge: Candy
- Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Favorite Stamp (Is Currently "Twick or Tweet" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!)
- Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Tangerine Tango," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: "Haunting Hill" Jumbo Wheel Stamp by Stampin' Up; "Twick or Tweet" Stamp Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Color Medium: Copic Markers
- Accessories: Orange Gingham Ribbon; Metal Typewriter Key Word by K&Company
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Corner Chomper by WRMK'ers; Labels One Die by Spellbinders; 1/4" Double-Sided Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"