Happy Stump Day, hampers!
Today's card project was created for Studio L3's Grungy Monday, #39. This week, the challenge, sponsored by Simon Says Stamp, is to create a plaid pattern on card stock using alcohol inks following Tim Holtz's technique on 'The 12 Tags of Christmas, 2009, Day 3." You can see Linda's sample and read all about the challenge, HERE ... to see Tim's projects and to check out the tutorial, clicky HERE.
Things were not going well for me with this challenge and after several attempts, I decided to throw in the towel ... can't create 'em all! While swiping off the excess alcohol inks from my felt pad, I created the above pattern and decided I loved it ... a happy accident! And I much prefer this delicate plaid to other, bolder patterns.
I'm entering this card in a number of fab blog challenges; for the complete list please refer to the bottom of this post. And for all of the exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooo, yesterday I was hanging out with Sheila when her crazy sister, Jill, stopped by with a question:
"How many rolls of wallpaper did you say you bought for your bedroom?"
"Twelve." Sheila answered.
"Well, that's weird," Jill mused, "I measured and our rooms are almost exactly the same size so I bought twelve rolls for my bedroom too, but I've got five rolls left over!"
"Yeah," said Sheila. "I did too."
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- A Gem of a Challenge: Perfect Pastels
- CES Challenge: Charmed
- Celebrate the Occasion: Metal
- City Crafter: Things In My Heart (This Papillon Stamp Set!)
- Crafter's Companion: Spring
- Crafty Sentiments: Things With Wings
- Crazy 4 Challenges: Spring
- Deep Ocean Challenge: Butterflies
- Forever Friends: Animals / Use a Charm
- Grungy Monday #39: Alcohol Ink Plaid
- Karen's Doodles: Something Special (Papillon Stamp Set)
- Ladybug Crafts Ink: Anything Goes
- Lindy's Link Party: Spring Fling
- Simon Says Stamp & Show: Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampin' Challenge: Layers
- Card Stock: Stampers Select White Card Stock by PTI; Glossy White Card Stock by Ranger
- Designer Paper: Lost and Found Paper Stash by Tim Holtz
- Stamps: "Papillon" Stamp Set by Tim Holtz; "Stuff to Say" Stamp Set by Tim Holtz
- Ink: "Jet Black" Archival Ink by Ranger
- Other Color Medium: Assorted Alcohol Inks by Adirondack; "Juniper" Paint Dabber by Adirondack
- Accessories: Washers, Long Fasteners, and Jump Ring by Tim Holtz; Philosophy Charm by Tim Holtz; Vintage Needlepoint Cotton by Jolles, Personal Collection
- Tools: Felt Pad and Handle by Tim Holtz; Awl; Hammer; Foam Dimensionals
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"