Happy Friday, hoarding paper-crafters!
Today's hybrid card project was created using a digital image from the Land of Nod Studios for The Stamp Man's "Vintage" challenge to submit to the Order of the Opus Gluei's "Branching Out" challenge.
This card also qualifies for a number of fun and fabulous blog challenges ... for a complete list, please see the bottom of this post. And for the down-low on all of the exciting product I used, please refer to the Card Recipe, below.
To create the aged and crazed appearance on the Tim Holtz Plaquette, I followed the amazing Wendy Vecchio's "Faux Crazed Porcelain" tutorial ... you can find Wendy's step-by-step instructions HERE. The mini-gears were cut from chipboard with Tim's dies, then heat embossed using Distress Embossing powders.
Soooooooooo, yesterday Sheila asked me to drive her to the car dealership so that she could pick up her vehicle. When we arrived, the receptionist told us the Sheila's keys had been locked inside.
"I better not be paying for this snafu!" Sheila remarked. Loudly.
When we went out back to the Service Department, we found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. I took a chance and walked around to the passenger side and tried the door handle and ... surprise, it was unlocked!
"Hey," Sheila announced to the mechanic, "it's open!"
The mechanic said, "Oh, yeah, I know. I already got that side."
I did not know that you could actually see smoke comin' out of someone's ears ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a very crafty St. Patrick's Day weekend!
- 7 Kids Challenge: Anything Goes (Mini Gears Die/Distress Inks)
- Anything Goes Challenge: Boyz to Men
- ATC's & Cards with Attitude: Steampunk / Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts: Shabby Chic / Vintage
- Cards And More: Primped
- Craft Room Challenge: Shabby / Vintage
- Creative Card Crew: Vintage
- Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge: Two Colors Only
- Jellypark Friends: Stamping/Embossing/Cardmaking
- Just Tracy's Crafts: Use a Hat
- Milk Coffee Challenge: Anything Goes
- One Stitch at a Time: Use a Digi
- Order of the Opus Gluei: Branching Out
- The Crazy Challenge: No Designer Paper
- The Paper Shelter Challenge: For the Boys
- The Stamp Man Challenge: Vintage
- Whimsy Inspires: Wet Embossing (Gears)
- Card Stock: Kraft Card Stock by PTI
- Other Paper: Chipboard
- Digital Image: Land of Nod Studio's Collage Sheet
- Stamps: Harlequin Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; All Other Stamps from "Stuff To Say" Stamp Set by Tim Holtz
- Ink: "Jet Black" Archival Ink by Ranger; "Pumice Stone" Distress Ink by Tim Holtz; "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
- Other Medium: Mister Huey's "Calico White" Color Mist by Studio Calico; "Diet Cola" Memories Mist by Stewart; "Pitch Black" Paint Dabber by Adirondack; "Rock Candy" Distress Crackle Paint by Tim Holtz; Glue 'n' Seal Adhesive by Ranger
- Accessories: Number Plaquette, Game Spinner, Washer, and Long Fastener by Tim Holtz; Black Brads; "Black Soot" and "Weathered Wood" Distress Embossing Powder by Tim Holtz
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Sizzix; Awl; Hammer; Heat Tool; Distress Embossing Ink by Tim Holtz; Craft Pick by Tim Holtz; "Mini Gears" Movers and Shapers Die by Tim Holtz; "Tiny Tabs and Tags" Bigz Die by Tim Holtz
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"