Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bird's Nest in a Bottle ...

Pin It


Hello and happy Stump Day, hampers!

Today's altered project was created for the current Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. This week, the "Bottle It" challenge is to create a project using a bottle ... betcha didn't see that coming, LOL! For all of the challenging deets ... or to see the amazing 'bottled' projects already posted ... clicky HERE.

This altered art project qualifies for several fabulous blog challenges ... a complete list is available below. And for the short-list of product I used to create this bird's-nest-in-a-bottle, please check out the Ingredients at the bottom of this post.

Soooooooo, yesterday I stopped by Sheila's for a quick second. When I parked my car, I heard voices coming from their garage/workshop and headed that way. Turned out, it was Sheila's DH, Ken, and Reid-the-Wild-Child:

"So, there's this girl at school who likes me." I overhead The-Wild-Child say.

"Well, how do you feel about that?" Ken asked.

"Okay I guess but I don't want to get married yet."

"Well, of course you don't!" Ken replied.

"Yup, when I get old enough I want to marry a really nice lady ... a smart lady ... a pretty lady ... a lady who'll be a real good Mommy ... and a lady who will make me laugh and smile everyday!" Reid pronounced.

"Better make up your mind, Son."

Yikes! Good thing Sheila didn't hear that!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

"Nest" Ingredients:

  • Bottle: Vintage Apothecary Jar/Bottle from Thrift Store
  • Nest Material: Excelsior
  • Paper: Kraft Paper Shipping Tag
  • Stamp: Sentiment from 'Ink Stained Room' Collection by Queen Kat Designs
  • Ink: Black Soot Distress Ink by Tim Holtz; Walnut Ink Crystals
  • Other Color Medium: Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain, and Wild Honey Distress Stains by Tim Holtz
  • Accessories: Wooden Eggs, Personal Collection; Hand Charm from Charm Stash; Seam Binding by Hug Snug; Vintage Anagram Letter Tiles, Personal Collection
  • Finished Size: 7" x 4" x 3"

33 comments:

AsAlwaysAngela said...

What a lovely project! I am especially fond of the egg color. Oh, and that little convo you heard... too funny!

Lynn said...

Hi Deb,
Wow! This is gorgeous and love the colours, they jump right out from the screen. I have never seen this type of craft before, so intriguing!
Thanks so much for joining us at PaperCreations Ink Challenges
Huggs
Lynn xxx

Candy C said...

Deb, your bottle piece is adorable! I love birds and butterflies nests and eggs, ... the list goes on and on! Your little bottle is so stinkin' cute! Love the touch of teal! And I love the excelsior grass you've used for your nest. Your shabby ribbon is so cute adn the "handle with care" tag is perfect! The scrabble "nest" tiles....love them! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Yolanda said...

Hilarious story! You should sell that one to Reader's Digest for Life in These United States. Your bottle project is terrific! Thanks for joining us in the Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Franz♥ said...

Fab idea Deb!Thanks for sharing this lovely work with us at Deep Ocean this fortnight.

Hugs, Franz.

ike said...

Cool - that is something way different. Are they gonna' hatch dragons or vampires ?? :-D Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics.

monique said...

great idea love it, Thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics.

Ike I think they gonna hatch dragons, vampires have a different egg shell colour

Marjo said...

Wonderful Creation, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

Xoxo Marjo

happyscrapper said...

What a creative way to do this bottle. Boy it makes what spring to hurry up and get here. Lovelt project. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine DT at Incy Wincy

Anita Houston said...

FABULOUS!!! Did you shrink your hands first, cause that looks like tedious work! I love it!!! Those eggs rock as well!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Cool!..... very original....FAB!
Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week :)

Elizabeth Hart said...

I just adore this bottle project - way cool! Thanks for sharing your special creativity with us at the Gingerloft Challenge.

Becky B. said...

Oh WOW - I just LOVE the nest in the bottle! Think that I'll have to lift your idea and make one of these to decorate my coffee table for spring. :)

Renee said...

Amazing project! I love those eggs, especially the color.

NanaConnie said...

So delightful, Deb! I think this is one of the most gorgeous spring time projects I've seen yet this year. Thanks for submitting it in our New Life challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you playing again.
NanaConnie DT

Marjie Kemper said...

Deb! This is AWESOME. Love it!!!

Janet said...

What a beautiful piece of altered art. I really love the look of it. It's uniqueness makes it very special.
Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT.

Janet OSAAT DT

CuddlyBunny said...

Wonderful art-filled bottle! And a lovely fairy tale featuring Prince Reid! :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Simon Says Stamp and Show. I like birds nest in the bottle. Reminds me of the Robins eggs I enjoyed watching & photographing couple yrs ago in a Mini Magnolia Tree in my backyard in which I saw the 3 egss, watched the babies open their eyes & was even there to see & photograph them fly out of the nest. I'm trying to decide what to do with the Starbucks bottle I have.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Carol said...

I love bird nest in the bottle.

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the teal eggs against the straw colored nest...great contrast. This is truly a beautiful piece! Thanks for playing at Smudgy Antics :)

Rosemary said...

What a gorgeous project, I love this and I hope it gets a place of honor for springtime. Really clever and beautifully done.

Rosemary said...

eek, forgot to tell you how much I enjoy the little slices of life you share - always makes me smile!

Davi said...

Love your altered jar Deb. So creative and I love the vintage look :)

Electra said...

This is magical, Deb! I love it!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Gorgeous, The colour of those eggs is fabulous. The idea is fantastic. The whole project is a beauty. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week.

blackdragon said...

Beautiful piece... thank you for joining us at Smudgy antics this week.
BDx

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful take on the challenge - beautiful altered bottle!

Andrea C said...

Freaking brilliant!! xxx

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!

Chris said...

wow this is beyond fabby!! what a great spring project!!

Mynnette said...

OH MY WORD TOTALLY PINNING THIS!!! What an amazing gift!!! LOVE it! :)

Ali Manning said...

This project is a huge wow! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations :)