Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Be My Valentine ... A 15 Minute Project

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, hampers!

Today's CAS card was created for the Inspiration Journal blog challenge ... to put a heart on it. So I did! I {heart} shopping at Inspiration Emporium so the chance to win a $50.00 Emporium Certificate was too good to miss ... especially with all the new Tim Holtz goodness arriving!

I was also inspired to create this card for CASual-Friday's Clean and Simple "Movie" challenge. My movie inspiration is the 'love-ly' film "Valentine's Day." Didn't see that coming, didcha?!?

For the short list of product I used in creating this card, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila asked me to come over to take a photo of her and her DH for their wedding anniversary.

I set up my tripod and camera in front of the happy couple and noticed that Sheila looked stiff and way too "posed."

"Why don't you lightly drape your arm around Ken's shoulder?" I suggested.

"Deb, if you want Sheila to look natural, why not have her put her hand in my pocket and on my wallet?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Kraft Card Stock by PTI
  • Stamp: "Be My Valentine" by Stampin' Up (Retired)
  • Ink: "Fired Brick" and "Gathered Twigs" Distress Ink by Tim Holtz
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Sizzix; Spellbinder's Oval Die; "Heart Block" Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Corner Chomper by WRMK's; Blending Tool by Tim Holtz; Foam Dimensionals
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)

17 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv your card and your GF's DH's humor! lol

NanaConnie said...

Love that embossing folder, Deb! Wonderfully CAS and it really makes a huge statement. Thank you so much for playing along at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Your creations are truly wonderful and I hope you'll be sharing with us again soon!
NanaConnie DT

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful color, love the kraft on kraft and the embossed hearts. Lovely card!

Mynnette said...

This is so pretty!!! LOVE the image panel with the fabulous sponging!

Gail said...

I do hope you are not going to disappear again. I love all the cards you have posted this year. Glad you're back.

hugs

fatmonica said...

Love this card!It's so elegant.

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Crystal said...

15 min girl you are a rockstar this is a stunner!!!!!!!!!

Davi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so cute!! Gotta love those fast cards!

Davi said...

Love the embossing on the card Deb It really frames the image so beautifully :)

Chris said...

very pretty! love the kraft on kraft!

Candy C said...

Beautiful card, Deb. I love the embossed hearts on the cover of your card. The red stamped heart in your inset is so striking! <3 Candy

Missusg said...

nice.. truly nice!

Tonniece said...

Great card Debs. I adore Kraft and red, well, Kraft and any color truth be told. LOL.

Have a good one
Hugs
Tonni

Andrea said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

Andrea said...

This is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x