Happy Monday, crafty stampers ... hope your weekend was long and wonderful!
Today's card project was created for the Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply challenge and for Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge. The Gingersnap Creation challenge called for the use of masking tape; I made my funky flowers out of twisted masking tape. And Lisa's "In Bloom" Bloggers Challenge calls for ... blooms! For all of the challenging Gingersnap Creations deets, clicky HERE ... more info on the Blogger's Challenge can be found HERE.
In case you were wondering: I folded strips of masking tape in half, then twisted them around an over-sized sticky circle. I pounced Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade and Gathered Twigs over the completed flowers for a bit of color. So easy, even I could do it!
For a complete list of product used in this card, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, this weekend Sheila and I went on a double-dinner-date with our DH's. Of course they're great guys but date-night was pay-back because they spent nearly all day Saturday on the golf course.
Sheila and her DH picked us up and while driving to the restaurant the tees in his pocket fell out.
"Umm, Honey, what are those things that just fell out of your pocket?" Sheila asked.
"Oh, those are tees. I put my balls on them when I'm driving."
"Oh, well. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer."
Give it a minute ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- CES Challenges: Lots of Layers (3 or More)
- Crafty Purple Frog: Flower Power
- Drunken Stampers: Texture
- Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge: Masking Tape
- If the Shoe Fits, Scrap It: Anything Goes
- Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge: In Bloom
- Paper Pretties: Use Flowers
- Scrapbook Sisters: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp and Show: Anything Goes
- The Poodles Parlour: Anything Goes
- Card Stock: Vintage Cream Card Stock by PTI; Early Espresso Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Other Paper: Corrugated Cardboard
- Stamp: Sentiment from "Typography" Stamp Set by Artistic Outpost
- Ink: "Early Espresso" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Gathered Twigs" and "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
- Other Color Medium: "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Stain
- Accessories: Hug Snug Seam Binding; Mini Paper Clip by Tim Holtz; Masking Tape; Red-Line Sticky Circles
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die by Spellbinders
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Top Folded)