Happy Monday crafty stampers ... hope you had a 'super' weekend!
Today's altered project was created for Artistic Outpost's "Shades of Red" blog challenge, using the "Typography" stamp set. I didn't use a LOT of red, but I think the red really pops against all the neutrals.
Here's a look-see at the interior pages of the card:
I used three vintage language vocabulary cards here, in French and German, tucking them under the gusset flap. An old library card pocket was covered in patterned paper and holds a distressed shipping tag.
Here's a look at the front and back covers:
And finally, the inserts:
If you'd like to give this paper bag card a home, it is available for purchase for $9.99 ... with free shipping to any U.S. address. Simply post a comment letting me know you're interested and I'll contact you.
I'm also entering this paper bag card into Lisa Somerville's "Blogger's Challenge." This weeks challenge is to "Alter It."
For the complete list of product used here, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Soooooo, Sheila might not like that I told you, (ooops!), but she's a terrible nail-biter. Her DH teases her mercilessly about it and, of course, it only causes her more stress ... and more biting.
While we were out shopping this weekend, we came upon a great deal on press-on nails. Sheila scooped up several boxes at a great price.
When we got back to her house, her DH spotted the pile of press-on nails:
"What's all this?" Ken asked.
"Oh, well, this is my latest solution to my nail-biting situation."
"Great idea, Honey ... you can eat 'em straight out of the box!"
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!
- Art With No Boundaries: All You Need is Love
- Artistic Outpost: "Shades of Red"
- Cards for Men: Seeing Red
- Come and Get It Challenge: Love is in the Air
- Creative Belli: Hearts/Valentine
- Creative Inspirations Paint: Inspired by Love
- Drunken Stampers: Something New (Sentiment Stamp)
- Gingerloft Challenge: Love is in the Air
- Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
- L'il Red Wagon: Valentine's Day or Love
- Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge: Alter It
- One Stitch at a Time: With Love
- Smudgy Antics: Anything Goes
- Sunday Stampers: Hearts
- The Artistic Stamper: Hearts
- Tuesday Throwdown: Use Hearts
- Card Stock: "True Black" by PTI; "Riding Hood Red" by Stampin' Up
- Other Paper: Paper Bag by Uline; Corrugated Cardboard; Watercolor Paper by Fabriano
- Patterned Paper: "Primitive Hearts" by Rusty Pickle; "Dictionary Thoughts" and "Cardboard Box" by Pebbles, Inc.
- Stamps: "Love" Stamp by Tim Holtz for Stamper's Anonymous; Sentiment from 'Typography' Stamp Set by Artistic Outpost; Number Stamps by PSX; "Winged Heart," Unknown
- Ink: Black Archival Ink by Ranger; "Gathered Twigs" Distress Ink by Tim Holtz
- Accessories: Memo Pin by Tim Holtz; "Forevermore" Muse Token by Tim Holtz; Charm Clip by Tim Holtz; Journaling Tags and Adage Ticket by Tim Holtz; Seam Binding by Hug Snug; Key Charm, Unknown; Typewriter Word Key by K&Company; Metal-Edge Tag by Stampin' Up; Nostalgiques Sticker by Rebecca Sower; Vintage Library Card Pocket and Vintage Language Vocabulary Cards, Personal Collection
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Sizzix; Tag and Bookplate Die by Tim Holtz; Vintage Lace Die by Tim Holtz; Vintage Market Die by Tim Holtz; Circle, Brackets On the Edge Die by Tim Holtz; Rectangle, and Heart Dies by Spellbinders; Heart Punch and Ticket Corner Punch by Stampin' Up; Glossy Accents by Ranger
- Finished Size: 6" x 12" (Opened)