Happy Monday, crafty stampers ... hope your weekend was long and wonderful!
Today's card was created for Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge. This week, Lisa has challenged us to create a project with a 'seashore' theme. For all of the challenging deets, clicky HERE. I've also incorporated the current challenge at Frosted Designs to use brads and/or eyelets in my card. This card qualifies for several other challenges ... you can see the complete list at the bottom of this post.
A few things: I stamped my 'seashore-themed' image on vellum using solvent ink, then heat set. I stamped Tim's film-strip image on Kraft card stock, cut out the l'il window-thingies with a craft knife, then placed the strip over a section of Tim's tissue tape. So easy, even I could do it!
For the complete list of product used, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, this past Saturday night the DH and I spent the evening at Sheila's. Turned out that Reid-the-Wild-Child lost a tooth and was expecting a visit from You-Know-Who.
After the Wild-Child went to bed:
"C'mon, let's go play Tooth Fairy!" Sheila insisted.
We crept into Reid's room on tip-toe but somehow, we woke the l'il darlin' up. Seeing the money in Sheila's hand, he cried out, "I caught you two!"
We froze and tried to think of an explanation for why we, instead of Ms. T. Fairy, was putting the money under his pillow.
"You put that money back ... the Tooth Fairy left that for me! I'm not surprised that Mommy would do this, but not you, Auntie!" Reid said indignantly.
He's still not speaking to us ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!
- Crafty Catz: Favorite Things (Seam Binding, Distress Inks, Metal)
- Dutch Dare Card Challenge: Distressing
- Frosted Designs: Use Brads and/or Eyelets
- Inspire Me Fridays: Anything Goes
- Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge: By the Seashore
- My Sheri Crafts: 'Warm' Wishes
- Sassy Studio Designs: Kraft
- Shelly's Images: Anything Goes
- Southern Girls Challenge: So Distressed
- Stamps R Us Challenge: Anything Goes
- The Pink Elephant: Print It!
- Card Stock: Kraft and True Black by PTI
- Other Paper: Vellum Card Stock by PTI; Vintage (1934) Dictionary Page
- Stamps: "Wish You Were Here" by Diva Impressions (NLA); Film Strip Image from "Lost and Found" Stamp Set by Tim Holtz
- Ink: Staz-On Solvent Ink by Tsukineko; "Black Soot," "Gathered Twigs," and "Vintage Photo" Distress Inks by Tim Holtz
- Other Color Medium: "Old Paper" Distress Stain by Tim Holtz
- Accessories: Metal Eyelets; Frame Holder; Black Brad; Seam Binding by Hug Snug; Tissue Tape by Tim Holtz
- Tools: Tonic Scissors by Tim Holtz; Craft Knife by Olfa; Crop-A-Dile by WRMK'ers
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"