Happy Monday ... hope your weekend was long and wonderful!
frightening card was created for Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge. This week, it's a color challenge: black, white, and a splash of red.
I took the literal interpretation of 'a splash of red' by flicking red paint onto the card front using red acrylic paint on a toothbrush ... kinda looks like something that might be found at the scene of a crime, huh? However, no one was injured or kilt in the making of this card project ... it only looks that way! For all of the challenging deets, clicky HERE.
This card also qualifies for a number of fab challenges ... please refer to the bottom of this post for the complete list. And for the down-low on all of the product I used, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, Sheila has the courage, if not always the skills, to tackle any home repair project. For example, in her garage are pieces of a lawnmower she once tried to fix.
This weekend, I
got stuck offered to ferry Sheila's insane wacky sister, Jill, around town on her errands. (Now, that's a story for another day!) As I was returning her home, she suggested we swing by Sheila's for a quick visit.
I can't say we were surprised when we found Sheila attacking her vacuum cleaner with a screwdriver:
"I can't get this *%#$!* thing to cooperate," she explained when she saw us.
"Say, why don't you drag it out to the garage and show it what you did to the lawnmower?!?" Jill suggested.
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... stay safe!
- 4 Crafty Chicks: Color Inspiration
- Alphabet Challenge: 'B' for Busy Bugs
- Catered Crop: Use the Color Red
- Creative Monday's: Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday: Winged Things
- Dream Valley Challenges: Just for Men
- Gingerloft Challenge: It's a Zoo (Butterflies)
- Gingersnap Creations: Two Colors
- Here Come the Boys: Vintage Feel
- Lisa Somerville's Blogger's Challenge: Color Recipe
- Make It Monday: Any Paper Craft
- Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle: Manly Card
- The Corrosive Challenge: Another Dimension (Film Ribbon)
- The Crazy Challenge: Anything Goes
- Card Stock: White Card Stock by PTI
- Stamps: All Stamps from "Papillon" Stamp Set by Tim Holtz
- Ink: "Black Soot" Dye Ink by Tim Holtz
- Other Color Medium: Naphthol Red Light Fluid Acrylic Paint by Golden
- Accessories: Film Strip Ribbon by Tim Holtz; Red Metal Photo Corner by Daisy D's; Black Eyelets
- Tools: Tiny Attacher Tool by Tim Holtz; Crop-A-Dile by WRMK'ers; Corner Chomper b WRMK'ers; Old Toothbrush
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"