TGiF, crafty stampers!
Today's project was created for Studio L3's Grungy Monday challenge. This week, Linda has challenged us to create 'Wearable Art' using product by Tim Holtz. For all of the challenging deets, clicky HERE ... to check out Tim's blog, products, or his oh-so-inspiring art gallery, clicky THERE.
This piece is very special to me as all of the elements in the Pocket Watch have personal meaning.
I lined the interior with a vintage milk bottle cap, then added a Sprocket Gear, a Game Spinner, a vintage Bingo marker, a vintage key marked "Connecticut," and a w-a-y early Tim-product, Design Originals word/collage art. (Anyone else still hoarding this
ancient Tim-product?!?) I used a Swivel Clasp to attach a flattened bottle cap I filled with a vintage telephone image and Glossy Accents, a cool dripping faucet charm, and a vintage key. The whole she-bang was added to Bead Chain and ... finis. So easy, even I could do it!
This project qualifies for a number of fabulous challenges ... for the complete list, refer to the bottom of this post.
Soooooooooo, Sheila's DH has a notoriously bad memory for ... well, everything ... and decided earlier this year to set up an account with our favorite florist so that a loverly bouquet and a heart-felt love note would automatically be delivered for Sheila's birthday, at Christmas, etc. A good plan, no?
Soooooooooo, yesterday was Sheila and her DH's wedding anniversary. Naturally, I stopped over to drop off a card and a l'il somethin'-somethin' for the happy couple and managed to time my arrival to Mr. Sheila's.
As we walked into the house together, he kissed his blushing bride and said offhandedly, "Hey, nice flowers, Honey. Where'd you get 'em?"
Methinks this would have been a good plan if Mr. Sheila had remembered his good plan ...
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a very crafty weekend!
- Allsorts: Anything Goes
- Art Impression Stamps: Anything But
- Cooking It Up With Katie: 3 Favs (Metal/Vintage Bits/TH Products)
- Craft Us Crazy: Favorite Embellishments (Tim Holtz Products)
- Crafty Catz: I Spy ... 'B' Things (Bottle Cap/Bingo Marker)
- Frosted Designs: Shape It Up (3 Circles)
- Inspire Me Friday's: Anything Goes
- Just For Fun: Distress Him
- More Than Favors: Circles
- Penny's Challenges: Anything Goes
- Ruby's Rainbow: Vintage
- The Three Muses: Art in the Round
- Pocket Watch by Tim Holtz
- Paper: "Time" Word Art by Tim Holtz for Design Originals; Vintage Milk Bottle Cap, Personal Collection; Vintage Telephone Image, Personal Collection
- Ink: "Gathered Twigs" Distress Ink
- Accessories: Sprocket Gear by Tim Holtz; Game Spinner by Tim Holtz; Swivel Clasp by Tim Holtz; Bead Chain by Tim Holtz; Jump Rings by Tim Holtz; Brads by Tim Holtz; Bottle Cap; 'Dripping Faucet' Charm, Vintage Keys, and Vintage Bingo Marker, Personal Collection
- Tools: Glossy Accents by Ranger Industries