Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Wishes ...

Pin It


TGiF, stampers!

Today's card was created for my birthday stash using this so-cute craft stamp from Stamps Happen by Janlynn. You can see the stamp HERE. Oh! Don't forget about Janlynn's huge 80% off clearance sale ... click HERE to go to the sale page ... and check out that yummy embossing powder on sale for just $1.00! Better hurry: the sale ends Sunday, June 14, 2009.

I stamped my Birthday Presents craft stamp directly on my card base, then once again on the patterned paper. I cut out the bows and two of the presents and paper-pieced them on the original image. I stamped a sentiment, added a patterned paper border, and finis!

For the rest of the exciting details, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, Sheila and I share a locker at our gym, and one morning this week she mentioned that we needed a new combination lock.

"I'll pick one up tonight," she told me.

Late that night it occurred to me that I might not talk to her before I got to the gym in the morning and wouldn't have the new combination. When I arrived at the gym, I found that she had left me a note:

"Deb, to find the first number subtract 142 from your high score the last time we went bowling. The second number is 16 less than that. To find the third number, subtract 1.87 from the amount you owe me."

Have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stamper's Select" White Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: "Red Kitchen Notes" by A-Muse
  • Stamps: "Birthday Presents" Craft Stamp by Stamps Happen, Inc., Janlynn; Sentiment from "Heard from the Heart" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Tools: Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Threading Water Border Punch by Fiskars; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

9 comments:

Tina said...

I just love that stamp! The border is really cute too!

chelemom said...

What a cute card this is!!! Have a great weekend!

Chris said...

well...i would def be screwed here, i don't do math!! cute card, love the scallop bottom!

Risa said...

Very pretty card is the scallop edge is too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Brenda said...

Very pretty Deb, great paper piecing. I would have been in trouble with the math, I have a terrible memory. TFS

Elena said...

Very cute card, Deb! I love the border and paper piecing you did!
Liked your story too! :)

Anne said...

HIIIIIYYYYYAAAAARRRRR DEB!!!!! Oooh, I am so pleased you 'popped in' the other day because it gave me the kick up the butt to come and pay you a visit again!! I hadn't forgotten you, I just don't get about as much as I used to at the moment - 5 more weeks and and it's end of term though! YAAAAYYY!!!! Roll on 21st July and LOTS of 'Me' time! :o)

Your card is, as always, FAB - really neat stamping and those pressies are perfect "Christmas Presents" (hint, hint...keep your eye on Winter Wonderland!!!). Your stories still make me howl - I just had to explain the Poo tale to my boys, about 800 times before the penny dropped!!!!

Anyway, it's fab to see you again - don't be a stranger and I won't either!! Promise!! Have a fab weekend! Hugs, Anne xx

Curt in Carmel said...

Very sweet card. I love the simplicity and elegant look! Great card! Best, Curt

Theresa Momber said...

Ooooh, I love this CAS card! Totally cool the way you colored the two presents and just the bows on the others. That SU sentiment set is one of my all time faves.

Sheila is a genius.