Monday, June 15, 2009

Cake Minus Two Makes Glue ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, stampers! Hope your weekend was fantastical.

Today's card project was created for SCS "Sketch Challenge," SC232. For all the challenging deets, including a look-see at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC232 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

For all the mind-blowing products I used, check out the supply list, below.

So, this weekend Sheila popped in while I was whippin' up a yummy layer cake.

"How come when you mix water and flour together you get glue. And then you add eggs and sugar and you get cake? Where did the glue go?" I pondered aloud.

"You know darned well where it went! That's what makes the cake stick to your butt!" Sheila replied.

Food for thought, huh?

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate," "Vintage Cream," and Kraft Card Stock by Papertrey Ink; "Riding Hood Red" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamp: Diva Impressions
  • Ink: "Antique Linen" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Button by Making Memories; White Twine; Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug Photo Corner Die by Provo Craft; "Swiss Dot" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Foam Tape; Scrap Fusion by Ivy Scraps

8 comments:

Tina said...

So pretty! Love the texture!

Janine said...

Fabulous card Deb!!!

Ann said...

I am loving that ribbon, Deb! Great card!

Chris said...

well then, i got a whole damn bakery stuck to my butt! LOL you always make me laugh...cute card, very rustic-y!

Elena said...

Fabulous job on this card, Deb! Love the die-cuts you used and gorgeous ribbon!!!

Theresa Momber said...

You think I can get rid of some of my butt with Acetone? I'm looking for a quick fix and you could be on to something.

Krystina said...

I discovered your blog on Scrapgal and I am addicted to reading it now. You are very funny and creative. Thanks for the inspiration!

Risa said...

I love your card and your story Deb, thanks for sharing!
hugs
Risa:)