Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Michelle!

Pin It


Happy Friday, stampers!

And b-i-g Happy Birthday hugs to the wonderful Michelle Rodgers at
Stampers Dream! Heartfelt wishes are flyin' your way, Michelle! Hey, why don't y'all hop on over to Michelle's blog to wish her a happy day ... clicky HERE to visit Michelle's blog.

Michelle, I hope your day is beyond fantastical ... full of love, smiles, pretty packages, and cupcakes!!


Today's card was also created for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS20, "Paper Piecing." For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS20 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

For all the astounding product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooo, Sheila and I have a friend who has been lately ... ummm ... slightly ... well, impossible.

Suzanne's DH recently landed a big new job with a huge increase in his pay. And Suzanne doesn't let us forget it. Between braggin' on her husband's new Mercedes, or her new BMW, or her son's new private school, she's showin' off all kinds of new designer clothes, handbags, and jewelry. It's fun for awhile, but it's gettin' old ... fast.

Anyway, her son, Toby, and Sheila's Reid-the-Wild-Child, are buds. And, since Toby's birthday is coming up, Sheila needed to shop for his gift. 'Course, I got dragged along for all the fun.

After looking at a thousand games, trucks, trains, and craft kits, Sheila announced that she couldn't find a thing for Toby.

"Ummmm, maybe a video or something educational?" I suggested.

"No, that's not it," Sheila replied.

We continued wandering aimlessly through the aisles until something finally caught her eye: a laser gun with flashing lights and 15 different high-pitched sounds.

"This is perfect," she said, beaming. "Suzanne will hate it."

Uh, oh, she's crossed the line now ... stand by for "Revenge of the Birthday Gifts!"

Thanks for sharing part of your very busy day with me ... have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: DCWV; Junkitz; and Paper Love Designs
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "Heard from the Heart" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink from Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Brads by American Crafts
  • Tools: Martha Stewart "Cupcake" Punch; Foam Tape; 1/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Pen by American Crafts
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

13 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
Hope you're doing well!
Love the cupcake card! The pp looks great and your decorated frosting!
I wasn't aware of this MS cupcake punch; it's brilliant! The colors and design are fabulous too! Well done! Enjoy your weekend Deb, take care!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

So cute and sweet!

Elena said...

These cupcakes look so yummy! Very cute card!

Judy Rozema said...

What a funny story!! I can relate though! LOL

Your card is delightful and I am sure Michelle will love it!

Stamp Talk with Tosh said...

What a yummy and sweet card!! Love the cupcake tower!! Michelle will love this!!

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

Well I have to tell you, so far my day IS beyond fantastical, thanks to wonderful friends like you! I LOVE my birthday card, and I do so appreciate your thoughtfulness in making my day one to remember! {{{BIG HUGS!}}}

Brenda said...

This is wonderful Deb, looks good enough to eat. I wanted to say I loved all of you cards using Theresa's newest set. You really rocked. I knew when Theresa told me that she had picked you that you would do a wonderful job. I look forward to seeing what else you do with it. Have a fantastic weekend.

Theresa Momber said...

Love that yummiful stack of cupcakes!

My respect for Sheila continues to grow. For my daughter's fifth birthday I passed out cute little whistles as party favors. One of the stupidest things I've ever done. I don't think those parents ever forgave me. LOL

Allison said...

Super cupcake pyramid Deb! That must have been lots of work!

Chris said...

cute card! i love the buttons on top of the cupcakes!! i've given out several revenge gifts...my fave was the 500 piece play kitchen set...>"<

Annapurna said...

Your side bar has quite a bit, but no link to your splitcoast gallery.

Cute card btw.

Ann said...

A tower of fat-free, calorie-free cupcakes--love it! ;)

Risa said...

Your cupcake card is the cutest Deb!
What a wonderful idea!
hugs
Risa:)