Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Earth Laughs in Flowers?

Pin It


Hello, my wonderful stampin' friends! I've missed all of you bunches ... and the rest of the Internet ... and email service and stuff.

Due to worthless Comcast circumstances beyond my control, I haven't been able to post to my blog OR respond to comments and emails. I apologize in arrears ... I can double-back on the post comments, but if you've emailed me, oops! Please resend.

I promise to get around to all of your blogs as soon as possible to see all the beauteousness y'all been creating while I was incommunicado.

Today's belated card project was created for SCS's "Sketch Challenge," SC231 ... right in time for this week's sketch! For all the challenging deets, including a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC231 card photo gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my card, just clicky there on my photo.

So, one of the kewl things I wanted to mention to all of you is that Janlynn, the makers of Stamps Happen craft stamps, is having a HUGE sale!! And I do mean huge! The prices, 80% off!, are phenomenal and the items on sale are all paper-crafting-must-haves. You need to race over there right. now. and check out all the sale-priced goodies. Sale ends on June 14, 2009. Clicky HERE to check it out.

I'm gonna hustle over there myself and fill up a cart ... provided I don't lose the Internet between now and then ...

And now, your Sheila-fix for June 10th:

So, this past Sunday while I was hangin' out with Sheila enjoying her donuts company, her DH, Ken, was sitting opposite us, reading the paper.

He came across an article about a beautiful actress that was about to marry a celebrity ... who was known primarily for his lack of smarts and common sense.

"I'll never understand why the biggest idiots get the most attractive wives." Ken said.

"Why, thank you, dear!" Sheila responded.

And that's when I left. But I'll be back tomorrow ... the mediocre-Comcast willin'!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" White by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: "Bali Breeze" Collection (Retired) by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Sentiment from "Make My Day" Set by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Cote d'Azure" Hybrid Ink by Stewart Superior
  • Accessories: Pearl Rhinestones by Michaels
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders; Shapeabilities Die by Spellbinders; Pine Bough Punch by McGill; Tag Maker by Making Memories
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"


10 comments:

Ann said...

Love everything about this, Deb--the colors are great, the birdie's cute, and I love the punched piece behind your sentiment.

ComcastCares1 said...

Awesome cards - you are very talented!

I decided to drop a note because I read that you were having problems with the internet. I work for Comcast and I wanted to offer my help if you need further assistance. You can contact me if you need my help.

Sorry for the trouble.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Darlene said...

Glad you are back...missed the cards and the chatter. I hope your service is "back to normal", whatever that may be in the cyber world.

Elena said...

So glad you are back, Deb! I missed you and your cards!
This card is very pretty! The sentiment is so beautiful! Love the papers you used too!

Maria Matter said...

Hey! There you are, missed seeing your smiling face! and your funnies!
Your card is beautiful! Brilliant colors Deb, love that little birdie too!

Gosh, it looks like Comcast is blog hopping today too! Lucky you!
Have a super 'welcome back to the world' kinda day!
Blessings, Maria

Crystal said...

I was wondering where you have been girl, miss your uploads!! This is absolutely beautiful, love love this layout and colors girl...awesome!

Sharli said...

Oh Deb! I'm SO glad you're back - I've missed you!!! I was starting to worry that something awful had happened because you are SO good about posting often! Your card is great - but to be honest, I was more excited just to see you post. I'll look at the art more closely on my way "out" - take care!

Allison said...

Awesome papers Deb! Love the birdie. This sketch scared me so I didn't even go there!

Theresa Momber said...

I misssssed you! Glad you're back. Love your card! The birdie and punched branches are perfect!

Tina said...

So, so cute!