Thursday, June 11, 2009

You Bring Out the Happy in Me!

Pin It


Oh, yes, you do!! So, big, happy, Thursday hellos, and a very happy National Hug Day to you!

Today's card was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS18. This week's challenge is a color challenge: pink/coral, kraft, and one other color of your choice. I, obviously, chose New England Ivy green. Not to be confused with Southwest Ivy green ... or Deep South Ivy green. Geez, who names these ink pads? Wouldn't a simple "Ivy Green" suffice?

For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS18 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky there on the photo.

This card couldn't been any simpler ... cleaner maybe, but not simpler! For all the breath-taking product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooooooo, I was babysitting with Reid-the-Wild-Child the other night and he startled me by asking, "So, Auntie, where does poo come from?"

"Yikes! Can't you ask your Mother these kinda questions?" I responded.

"She'll just make something up; you'll tell me the truth."

"I'll do my best ... okay, so you know what you ate for dinner tonight?" I started.

"Yup." Reid answered.

"Wellllllll, the food goes into our tummies and our bodies take out all the good stuff, and then whatever is left over comes out of our bottoms when we go to the toilet ... and that is poo." I expertly explained.

Reid-the-Wild-Child looked perplexed and stared at me in stunned silence for a few seconds ... then asked, "And Tigger?"

YIKES!

~National Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Coral Textured Card Stock by Bazzill Basics; Kraft Card Stock by Papertrey Ink; New England Ivy Card Stock by Close to My Heart
  • Stamp: "Daisy Crazy" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "New England Ivy" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Long Rectangle Dies by Spellbinders; "Arch Lattice" Border Punch by MarthaStewart Crafts; "Flower" Dies by Quickutz; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; Scrap Fusion by Ivy Scraps
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

10 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, this is fantastic with those colors! Beautiful card!

Thanks for taking the time to explain about poo. It makes perfect sense to me now.

Tina said...

Wowsa, so creative and super cute. Love those flowers.

Ann said...

Deb, I love this sweet card! SO cute!

Allison said...

Such a cute lil' card. Love the all the die-cuts!

Sharli said...

Oh Deb! I needed to laugh this morning - especially!!! Thank you so much! Sounds like something I would try to explain (and find myself answering the wrong question!).

You card is so cute! I need to try the lattice on the bottom trick - that is so elegant - just the right touch! Man-o-man I've missed you. It was only a month or so, right? It seems SO long!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is so pretty.

Crystal said...

Deb this is sooo wonderful...love those flowers!!! Such a beauty!

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is so cool.....and yes, I thank you also for the poo explanation....it was really helpful! LOL!
LeAnne

Elena said...

Wonderful card, Deb! I love the cute flowers you created!
Oh, boy... Kids' questions can be very difficult sometimes!

Curt in Carmel said...

I love the sentiment on this card, and, once again, you made me laugh out loud with your story! Best, Curt