Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You Make My Heart Flutter. Do I Need a Doctor?

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, stampers! I was enjoying my weekend so much, I decided to let it last a little longer.

Today's card was created for SCS's Limited Supplies challenge, LSC222, "Plenty of Patterns." This weeks challenge limited players to:

  • ½ sheet of plain card stock for the card base—no other plain papers;
  • Plenty of patterned paper;
  • NO coloring supplies ... no Copics, pencils, markers, crayons, nada; and,
  • Keep the embellishments simple.
For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the LSC222 card photo gallery, clicky HERE. To see the ginormous view of my card, clicky right there on the photo.

I stamped my butterfly ... a birthday gift from my dear friend, Annapurna, on patterned paper from MME, cut it out, and popped it up on dimensionals. I stamped my sentiment, from the same stamp set, on another paper from MME's "Bloom" collection, tied on a twill ribbon, added some Kaiser Craft pearls, and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in, say ... 25 minutes!

Soooooooo, this past weekend, Sheila and I took Reid-the-Wild-Child out for ice cream. As we were sitting at the ice-cream bar, we watched a sweet older man shuffle in. He v-e-r-y slowly, and obviously painfully, pulled himself up onto a stool.

After catching his breath, he ordered a banana split.

The waitress asked kindly, "Crushed nuts?"

"No," he replied, "Arthritis."

The Wild Child is still asking what was so funny!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics
  • Designer Paper: "Bloom" Collection from "Bloom & Grow" by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamps: "Butterfly Wings" Set by Close to My Heart
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Twill Ribbon by Provo Craft; Pearls by Kaiser Craft
  • Tools: Scissors by Cutter Bee; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

22 comments:

Tina said...

Wowsa, such a pretty card!

Sharli said...

Deb,
Pretty card! I love the butterfly stamped over the patterned paper - I'll have to try that. Your story is hilarous! My cats are starting to get used to me chuckling at the computer . . .

Elena said...

This butterfly is so beautiful! Love this card, Deb!

Brenda said...

Beautiful butterfly and your card is gorgeous!! Wonderful colors too! TFS Deb.

Danni said...

Love the butterfly!! Wonderful job!

chelemom said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love that butterfly!

Kristie said...

Wonderful card! You rocked this challenge!

Chris said...

glad to see your mojo was delivered back to you safe and sound!! this is fabulous..also thanks for the laugh!!! lol

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
Love this sweet card! The butterfly looks so pur-ty, I like the added pearls too!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Theresa said...

OMG, that is "pee your pants" funny! Emailed that one to my DH.

This card is soooo pretty! I love way your placed the butterfly!

Curt in Carmel said...

Gorgeous card Deb! Love that butterfly. You did a great job on this challenge. Speaking of stories, I heard one similar. . . A little boy dressed as a cowboy walks into an ice cream shop and orders a sundae. The woman behind the counter asked the tiny cowboy if he wanted whipped cream and he said "yes ma'm". She asked him if he wanted a cherry on top and he said "yes ma'm". She then asked "Do you want your nuts chopped?" and he pulled out his toy guns and said "you want your breasts shot off?" LOL Makes me laugh every time. Hope you are well. Best, Curt

Randee E said...

Such striking colors together - really pretty. I think your mojo is back :0)

From My Heart said...

Deb,

Are you creating the adorable calendar pages that you have done earlier this year?
I would love to have the June page, did I miss May?

Love your stuff

Cindy

Carolyn King said...

lovely!!!

Heather "Hev" said...

Argh Deb you never cease to make me giggle with your stories :)

Hope Ms Mojo is back full time - I guess she needs a vacation at times too!!!

Love to have you join us over at Incy Wincy Challenge Blog

Have a lovely day

Maria Matter said...

Ok, Deb...
ollie, ollie, oxenfree....you can come out now! You're really good at this hide-n-seek game!

Blessings, Maria

oh, and btw, I don't have a calendar for June....I'm just saying!

:) hope all's well

Risa said...

Welcome back to the hood Deb!
Your card is very pretty, I love the colors and the butterfly is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Brenda said...

Deb I have an award for you on my blog. stamp-it-up.blogspot.com

redwasher1 said...

I so love your stories! Wonderful card as always! Opps It looks like I did the same thing Brenda did, I so like your blog, that you were the first person I thought of. So I also nominated you for a award.

http://geriscards.blogspot.com/

wendyp said...

Wow! That butterfly makes my heart flutter! Beautiful card!

Ann said...

Oooooh, gorgeous color combo, Deb!

Suddenly I'm hungry for a banana split... :D

Allison said...

Fabu! Love that butterfly and your color choices!