Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Best Witches ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, Hampers!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" Design Team search. Designers must create a card following a sketch, a color combination, and/or an autumn-themed holiday. I chose to create a card featuring my favorite autumn holiday: Halloweenie!

I stamped my pumpkin in hybrid ink, colored it poorly using Copic markers, then over-stamped the sentiment in Distress ink.

For all the spooky product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, Sheila's DH, Ken, called me last night to ask if I'd create an "anniversary-slash-birthday" card for him to give to Sheila.

"Ummm, Ken, I can make a birthday card ... or, I can make an anniversary card. Do you want me to make one of each?" I asked.

"No, that won't work, Deb. I need a card that covers both events ... we're celebrating the fifteenth anniversary of Sheila's twenty-ninth birthday."

Alrighty, then ... that I can do!

Thanks for stopping by ... you rocketh!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Basic Black," "Dusty Durango," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: "Haunted" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: Pumpkin Dollar Stamp by Michaels; Sentiment Stamp from "Haunted" Clear Stamp Set by Cosmo Cricket
  • Ink: "Orangerie" Palette Hybrid Ink by Stewart Superior; "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon by May Arts
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders Paper Arts; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig by EK Success; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

11 comments:

knitwit said...

Hysterical! I just celebrated the 8th anniversary of my 29th birthday! Love, love, love the card. I have an unnatural obsession with pumpkins!

Crystal said...

This is fabulous!!! What a great Halloween creation! I love the sentiment in those nesties!

redwasher1 said...

Deb I love it!! I really like that color combo, works for me!! Love your stories too!!

Maria Matter said...

I love pumpkins...your card is beautiful Deb, coloring and all!

I forget which age I keep telling people I am....it changes according to how gorgeous the person is I'm talking to! lol
take care
blessings, Maria

Chris said...

just quit celebrating her b-day..way easier and you can start drinking sooner....cute card, i love the cosmo...i hope this year's halloween paper is just as good

Sharli said...

Great card, Deb! I love the pumpkin and that background paper is very pretty!

Shirley said...

Wow! What a really gorgeous card, Deb. I have missed hopping with all and you are one of the special ones. I have been so busy trying to get the I/O blog caught up. Hope to do that soon. Sorry I have missed your wonderful and beautiful art.

Curt in Carmel said...

I knew there was a reason I loved you! Halloween is my fav holiday too! This card is awesome! Love the purples with the traditional colors. Beautiful! Best, Curt

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Deb and the color combo is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Shirley said...

Now that is a lovely lovely pumpkin card!!

Theresa Momber said...

What a coincidence! I'm 29, too! Of course its only my 14th anniversary of my 29th.

Love your pumpkin card. Gorgeous coloring!!!